Subaru WRX Forum banner

Engine light codes

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  luvSubis 
#1 ·
Hello Subie enthusiasts I have quite a few codes that I need help with. Most of them deal with sensors and my car is running very lean it seems to be lacking a lot of power.

P1518 Starter switch circuit low input

P0851 Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit Low

P1152 HO2S11 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Low.
Possible causes:
- Faulty HO2S11
- HO2S11 harness is open or shorted
- HO2S11 circuit poor electrical connection

P1153 HO2S11 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance High

P0137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

P0502 Vehicle Speed Sensor Low Input

P0503 Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent/Erratic/High

P2021 Intake Manifold Runner Pos Sensor/Switch Circ Low Bank2
I am not sure where all these sensors are located.
thanks for the help

See less See more
#3 ·
Just as a first reaction I don't think you need to go replacing all those sensors. They all have a common thread of being circuit issues. Low system voltage from a weak alternator and battery could be part of your problem.
But, yeah, a little back story and some more car info would be helpful.

#8 ·
addicted2speed,

by now you certainly have figure out what the issue was. I am having the same exact problem. I'm suddenly getting these error code:

P0137 = downstream O2 sensor shorted low
P1152 - Front O2 sensor circuit range/performance low
P1153 - HO2S Insufficient Switching bank 2 sensor 1
P0502 Vehicle Speed Sensors Low Input
P0503 Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent/Erratic/High
P0851 Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit Low
P1518 -Starter switch circuit low input

How did you resolve this?

#9 ·
Try disconnecting the battery, pressing the brake for 30", and then carefully making sure the main harness to the ECU, and every connector behind the dash, are all still intact. I wonder if something has been pulled out of place. Don't trust a visual, try pressing the clips together and making sure all the wires are actually in each respective clip. Then reconnect the battery and see what happens. If you happened to pull either power or a ground connection from the motor area, check all that too.

#10 ·
Thanks for the response SD_GR. I did disconnect the battery and contacted the neg and pos battery cables together for quite a while (a shop told me this would discharge and capacitors in the circuits). But I did't hold the brake down while doing this. I'll try your technique tomorrow.

There is a ground wire under the passengers seat that's screwed into the frame. I piggybacked the ground wire fro my amp underneath it. But I don't thing that is the culprit side I drove the car after doing that and all was well.

The ECU harness is the yellow bundle of wires on the drivers side of the trans hump? I didn't even touch those but I'll check. I did see the green connector on the drivers side and connected it but later read that this supposed to be disconnected. I'll recheck everything else AGAIN tomorrow.

#12 ·
So I woke up this morning, jumped in the car to take my cat to the vet and the flashing engine light situation was GONE ! I did disconnect the green plug last night. The weird thing is that initially when the issue first surfaced the green plug was never connected. I only connected it because I thought it was supposed to be.

Anyway I hope the problem doesn't turn up again. Just glad it doesn't appear it was something I did during the stereo install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.