Subaru WRX Forum banner

Official 2016 Order Thread

196K views 1K replies 192 participants last post by  dustinhuman 
#1 ·
Have an order in for a '16? Feel free to chat about prices, options, and wait times here.

I'm ordering mine very soon, hopefully this week, just have to wait until I can decide on a color, and lock down the last few details on what exactly I have to do, since I'll be trading my current WRX in on a '16 STi.

#2 ·
Same, I'm waiting until I see all the colors displaying the new wheels (ordering a limited). Maybe also some reviews to pop online. I know it is the same motor, but i'd still like to see it reviewed before ordering. I'm looking to get no options, but will probably add in the extended armrest. Color... I'm leaving towards silver with the new wheels, but I still want to see all.

Come on Subaru, update your website with '16 info!

#4 ·
At this moment, I'm trying to get more feedback on the "ordering" process. I'm obviously setting my car back to stock, so I don't know if it needs to be stock before I order the car. Do people negotiate before or after the car shows up, etc.

As of right now, I'm torn between DGM, WRB, and Red, but with "pure red" being a new color, idk how it will look. DGM is definitely the most popular of those three, with WRB falling behind since the new blue came out, everyone wants it. Then I don't see many reds at all, but my brother's 09 lightning red was horrendous to detail, it swirled almost as bad as black.

#6 ·
My wife had a 2015 Outback on order for 4 months and the dealer would even discuss trade-in until the new car was being unloaded from the truck. I'm anticipating the same... although, I will probably try to sell my Outback XT privately... in fact I'll probably post it for sale as soon as I hear mine is on a truck headed in my direction, since I can theoretically go without a car for a few weeks during the summer if I need to

#9 · (Edited)
We got offers from used car lots before going to the dealer on delivery day (for my wife's recent purchase)... the dealer wound up beating the high bid by $1k. We told them we had a bid from a used car lot but didn't say how much :)

As far as the price on my 2016 WRX goes... I knew I'd be paying invoice + $500 6 weeks ago, when they tried to order me a 2015 and found that they'd exceeded their annual allocation. I agreed to wait for 2016 on the condition that they'd take the same invoice + $500 and they kept to their word.

Living 120 miles from the 2nd nearest dealer sucks... too much hassle to buy from far away when you're hoping to trade-in! My local dealer wouldn't go any lower than invoice + $500, saying that they sell their full WRX allocation every year so it makes no sense for them to go lower. Little negotiating leverage on the new car price, but plenty of leverage on trade-in...

#10 ·
On my '15 WRX, I did not do a trade. I specified what options / color that I was looking for and the dealer located the car. I made an offer of $85 over invoice. I stated that the dealership could make one counter-offer and I would either accept or reject their offer. If reject, then we were done. Although the local dealership's offer was not the lowest offer that I had, I accepted their offer. In my case, ~$300 was not enough to justify a commute of 120 miles to pickup the other car and to perhaps have servicing issues. Keep in mind that Subaru pays a 2% Hold Back on the dealer invoice of their vehicles. However, dealerships will very seldom negotiate into hold back area. NADA has an app that you can purchase for your phone for ~$2 that will give a fair estimate of trade values. You can find dealer invoice pricing at several different urls. I was also a cash deal and dealerships don't like these types of sales as it prevents vig markups on financing.

I felt my price was fair. The dealership gave me the Southern States service (all regular service for 2 yrs / 24,000 miles) and a lifetime powertrain warranty. I value a relationship with both the dealership and the salesperson over a couple hundred bucks. Loaners / shuttle service / car washes / white glove treatments all have value to me.

Just my two cents, only worth a single penny in today's economy.

#17 ·
Man that's rough, I drive around 1000 a month commuting to work. If it takes til July/August to get the car then that would be really rough. Did you order through the buying program here?

#18 ·
I live in Canada and I put down a deposit for a 2016 wrx sport-tech ("Limited" for the USA guys"). I asked him to provide me what the price would be like for a 2015 limited since he didn't have pricing for the 2016 yet.. I was given 37k.. You USA guys are lucky.. Canada seems to be more expensive. The same says on Subaru.ca website compared to Subaru.com.

#30 ·
I'd either go with ISM, or WRB.
The only issue I see with the WRB, that's the most common color.
I still like it though. I'd go WRB over DGM, tough choice.

#33 ·
Not a fan of the LB. the GBP seems nicer than LB.

I'm thinking I'm going to go WRB assuming I end up in Subaru camp.
For me the question is WRX premium, limited or base STi

#35 ·
I like DGM best and had it myself on my '08. I WOULD get it again on my '16 WRX (ordering this summer/fall), but my wife got it on her '15 XT. I think it would be too weird to have the same color cars...both Subaru.
I'm pretty sure I'm going with CWP. I've got a thing for white lately. Combined with bronze wheels I think it looks GREAT. That being said, I never had any issues with the DGM in terms of scratches, detailing, etc.

#36 ·
LOVE the CWP. I actually enjoy both colors I have. ISM and CWP. I wanted red instead of ISM, because its not that popular.. But both car colorss wash extremely well!

EDIT: DAH F IS THIS LB!? I hate it.. Like REALLY hate it.. and Blues my favorite color.. Infact, I own about 15 dress shirts all different shades/stripes of blue and like 6 suits of different blues.. And I HATE it.. Its not a sporty color.. at all. :( /endrant

#39 ·
If anyone has seen the deep royal blue mustang's floating around, looks like it'll be really close to that. It's a pretty unique color if so and has really defined highlights and lowlights. That's top of my list, but I want to see it in person first on the wrx. ...see if the body lines and color mix well. If not white, wrb or silver.
The silver is nice, but I don't know if I want two silver cars in a row

#42 ·
Similar yet different. Go visit cars101.com and bring up the 2015 WRX and 2015 Legacy pages side by side, and scroll both pages so you can see all 3 blues. I spent quite a while doing that last Thursday night, so I was ready to order Friday (not that I knew I would be able to, but I strongly suspected...)

#41 ·
I ordered Lapis... I'll post pics as soon as I have any. I agree with nsibanez, it is a rather unique color (and yeah, not for everyone, I totally get that). I had a tough time deciding between WRB and Lapis, and in the end went for "uniqueness". I kinda expected it to be a polarizing color, and that appeals to me LOL

#49 ·
I might put my order in soon... I just started talking to Clayton with the club buying program. I think I narrowed it down to ISM, since I like how it looks and accents the lines.

Blue is my favorite on the WRX, but my Speed3 is blue and I could use a change. I originally was thinking black with tint on the '15 with the dark wheels, but we can't (legally) tint in PA. So I'm thinking ISM with these new gray wheels would look good. If only Subaru would update its site for the '16!

#54 ·
Still too early for me to start ordering. I won't be ready until at least the end of the year.

Soon

Except I'm going to be testing out a few different cars. There's a couple others that have caught my attention

#57 ·
Finally, I'll be a WRX owner! Just put in my order for a '16 Limited. Last week of July estimated arrival. I went with ISM.

#59 · (Edited)
Hey, I just commented on your other post before seeing this here, so my apologies. But yup, the DGM looks extremely nice in person, and it was my original choice when I saw it with the '15. Since February it feels like I have changed my top color choice every week, and when it came time to order, ISM was at the top this time.

#62 ·
That does look really sexy. I was always a fan of the darker colors though
Me too actually. I kinda wanted to do all black with tint, but since we can't "legally" tint in PA, I went with a lighter color to help myself keep it clean a little bit easier. Who knows, maybe silver will reflect sunlight a tad more than black and keep my interior a few degrees cooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.