2016 WRX Details Released (Official?)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2016 WRX Details Released (Official?) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2016 Subaru WRX, WRX STI Receive New Infotainment, Safety Systems...

I Support ClubWRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks legit. If it's true I really like the addition of the eyesight system, but 40k for a limited STi now? That's a little insane. It's directly on point with an Audi s3 now.

I Support ClubWRX
    For me this is really good news. I like the bigger screen and wheels. They look nicer too. The screen will hopefully be a better resolution as well. This stuff matters to me...since I'm a tech nerd and getting older.

This has me thinking about tires now. I currently have a G37 coupe with 225/50/18 winter tires on it.
    I wonder if I can keep them for my eventual 2016 WRX with the 18" wheels. I'm guessing the 18's on the WRX will be the same size and the STi, but who knows...?
    245/40/18 versus 225/50/18 should be doable with maybe a 2-4MPH difference depending on the speed. I don't foresee a clearance issue.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Looks legit. If it's true I really like the addition of the eyesight system, but 40k for a limited STi now? That's a little insane. It's directly on point with an Audi s3 now.
    I plan on getting a WRX Limited this fall. I like the idea of the eyesight system as well, but I don't see myself paying extra for it unless I'm forced to due to packaging. I must have the Harmon/Kardon stereo and push button start...plus I'm getting CVT. I guess I'll find out. I don't want to spend over 35-36K for everything I want on a Limited.

Yeah, the screen and wheels are a nice improvement. The larger screen for the backup cam will be good. Thankfully it's not enough to rile me up like when I bought an '08 WRX

But..... what about a hatch? I mean, come on!

Quote Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
    But..... what about a hatch? I mean, come on!
    Like a woman's version?

Home of the blues, the Blues, and the real life blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Like a woman's version?
    Exactly... since I would buy one for my wife.

Happy about the new stock head unit
    mixed on everything else, b/c its making my choice harder!

I was somewhat set on getting an STi......... I wasn't thrilled with the look (primarily the ugly wheels and plain looking rear) of the WRX and the interior wasn't that nice. I liked the extra performance items in the STI in theory since I haven't test driven.... now the WRX is starting to lose its handicap more.
    new touchscreen, dresses up cabin. 18 inch rims that don't look like poo...... dressing up exterior.

I was considering the base, and then started thinking, I'd like a spoiler and fogs, and the heated seats, then the LED headlights and leather on the limited seemed to make sense. Then the limited WRX 2015, but figured, I'd want new wheels, so there is $1000-1500 right there, and I'm within spitting distance of a base STI which has the halo effect. It is the pinnacle of the product line a more serious machine and has a famed history. Never mind that the resale value seems to be there on the STIs that make it seem like its not really a significantly poorer financial decision either.

Honestly, if the base WRX came with 18s...... I'd have a real hard time justifying anything more, instead, Iím eating my way up the product line.
    Last edited by Koogs; 04-23-2015 at 02:07 PM.

I'm a bit irritated having just picked up a 2015 a month ago, but I guess I'm not entirely surprised though.

Aside from the main changes listed in the press release, I see they added silver trim the center AC vents (to better match the outer vents) and also ditched the faux cabon fiber on the center stack for glossy black. Small changes, but along with the much nicer infotainment go a long way to make the car look more premium. I wonder if the AC vents will fit the 2015 model. It's a small thing, but I like uniformity. As for the new 18" wheels on the WRX - I don't care for them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Koogs View Post
    ...now the WRX is starting to lose its handicap more.
    If you are unsure about the WRX or STI and money isn't a factor, get the STI. I regretted my choice before I had even handed in my deposit cheque (I chose to put the extra cash into my kids' college funds). I had accusing words for my 5 year old about this on Saturday when I was following a 2015 STI into a sweeping bend - I didn't have the steering feedback nor the fancy LSDs to follow him in a way I would consider to be safe, and my boy had the cheek to ask why I didn't try to keep up! The WRX can be made to match the STI in straight line speed, but it would take some expensive changes to match it in handling and gearbox quality.

To be fair, my kid said he would miss college if I wanted to get an STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the screen and wheels are a nice improvement. The larger screen for the backup cam will be good. Thankfully it's not enough to rile me up like when I bought an '08 WRX
    Yes, I was a 'victim' of an '08. Arg. I ended up loving it just the same.

If you are unsure about the WRX or STI and money isn't a factor, get the STI. I regretted my choice before I had even handed in my deposit cheque (I chose to put the extra cash into my kids' college funds). I had accusing words for my 5 year old about this on Saturday when I was following a 2015 STI into a sweeping bend - I didn't have the steering feedback nor the fancy LSDs to follow him in a way I would consider to be safe, and my boy had the cheek to ask why I didn't try to keep up! The WRX can be made to match the STI in straight line speed, but it would take some expensive changes to match it in handling and gearbox quality.

To be fair, my kid said he would miss college if I wanted to get an STI
    to be fair, I need to start saving specifically for his college fund........current goal is to have the house paid off just before then, and hopefully be able to pay for college instead of the mortgage.
    I'm certainly not rolling in dough......but I'm not a 20 year old kid flipping burgers to hopefully make a payment. It looks like the difference of +/- $100 a month (premium or limited to STI base) for the life of the loan. I don't know if I'll actually be able to test drive the STI before buying, but I'm most concerned whether I can deal with the power delivery (spool time etc) and whether I'll really appreciate the difference on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Koogs View Post
    to be fair, I need to start saving specifically for his college fund........current goal is to have the house paid off just before then, and hopefully be able to pay for college instead of the mortgage.
    Don't get me wrong, the WRX is still a fun car. There are few times when I find myself wanting a touch more than it has to offer, but for the other 99.5% of the time the WRX is perfect for a daily driver. I were buying today I would still get the WRX and put the rest towards my kids. And I would still resent them for it

The new 18' wheels for the WRX are from the 2012-2014 Base STi... Not a fan.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.