Subaru WRX Forum banner

Anyone know where I can get these tires??

16K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
Heard they're really good performance tires, Mashimoto ZX tires heard they're better than the Pirelli Pzeros ?

#2 ·
Have you tried tirerack?
Or going directly to the manufacturer, might be a good idea.
Call the tire places in your area, see if they carry those Mashimoto tires.

#7 ·
Lots of things are better than Pirelli Pzeros and easier to find than Mashimotos. Including Michelin Super Sports, or Pilot Sport Cup if you want serious performance. Best IMO.

#10 ·
I haven't heard of them either. So maybe they either don't exist or we don't get em in the US or they are just super rare? Either way I was trying to give the OP a realistic and obtainable option.

Anybody know anything about these tires?

#11 ·
When I look them up I get fast and furious references and google images of riced Hondas and such.

I found one mention of great for precision driving but that's where it ends. What's wrong with buying tires that exceed any need you will need and you can buy anywhere

#15 · (Edited)
When I look them up I get fast and furious references and google images of riced Hondas and such.
Ah, OP saw them in FF and now must have them. Anything in FF > * :rolleyes:

Real life and movies are different to say the least. Hopefully the OP learns this sooner or later.

The current PZero, Pilot Super Sport, Sport Cup 2 and Conti Extreme Contact DW are about the best out there right now.

That would explain why I don't get this, the movies were bad and I never watched more that 30 minutes of the first movie
I sat through the first two. Once. At home on borrowed (not rented) DVDs. Would not pay for that garbage.

As I recall the opening scene in #2 is a slow wide arc pan at night with a Pep Boys sign behind them all. A F'ing commercial two minutes into a movie? Do I remember this right? It is about all I do remember from 2 ...

#14 ·
I watched because I was young enough when the first two came out I wasn't really old enough to know much better. But i knew the stickers were dumb. Just drooled over any sight of a GTR or a Supra.

As soon as I googled these tires and saw F&F i remember a reference to them

#16 ·
They are horrible and have managed to lower the level of discussion in car fora irreversibly it seems.

Also, the Supra is vastly over-rated, and I'd never want to own any car intended for an Asian domestic market while driving in the US or the EU.

I couldn't help but oblige the OP though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.