Good day gentlemen I need your opinion
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Good day gentlemen I need your opinion within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats going on y'all? so my friend wants to sell me his 2002 wrx sedan and I am gung ho ...

Post Good day gentlemen I need your opinion

Whats going on y'all? so my friend wants to sell me his 2002 wrx sedan and I am gung ho for the buy, but he said that the knock sensor code and is skipping. I have no idea what he means by skipping, but he did replace the knock sensor and it's still throwing the code and not skipping as much. So as much as I want to take the car from him I'm hesitant on paying the price he wants for it. So I was wondering what you experts have to say about this. Please don't be rude guys I am new to Subaru and don't know much and I just want some feedback from the pros. Awesome y'all have a great day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You came to the right forum for people who are not rude. My advice to you, is walk away from this sale faster than those Spaniards running away from the Bull's in the streets of Pamplona, Spain. This already seems like a car that you do not want just from the little information provided. If you really want a WRX, there are plenty more out there that will be in much better running condition than this.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Sounds like you'd be inheriting some problems with that car.
    - Will
    Current Car: 2015 Honduh Civic SIgh
    Previous Cars:2014 Golf TDI, 2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would certainly pass.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Contributes Nothing ShiftingLanes's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Sounds like you'd be inheriting some problems with that car.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I would certainly pass.
    +1

Would walk away and find a cleaner or unmodded example. You may be gung ho, but remember that a new car purchase is always gone to be exciting. Temper your adrenaline and natural response and go in with a level head. This will ensure you make the right decision and save yourself many headaches and dollars in the future.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    1 - look for a clean and well maintained wrx

2 - go for stock or as close to stock as possible

3 - aim for a wrx that has only had one mature owner in the past who loved and cared about the car very much
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

I Support ClubWRX
    Do this:
    My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Run away fast you will be paying to inherit somebody else's problems.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.