Guess I should do a oil analysis? Gas smell.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Guess I should do a oil analysis? Gas smell. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just had my oil changed around 200 miles ago. I was checking it today and found an extreme gas smell. ...

Registered User electricmarquis's Avatar

Guess I should do a oil analysis? Gas smell.

Just had my oil changed around 200 miles ago. I was checking it today and found an extreme gas smell. I assume best way to find the fuel content is to do a black stone oil test. Is it pointless to do one as early as this? Should I wait till I put 3k or so on this oil? Almost all of my drives are 70 miles in a 2 way trip.
    2011 Subaru Outback Premium.
    2014 Dodge Durango AWD Limited.
    2015 Subaru WRX Premium.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If your car had been running for a while and you smelled the gas, do the test.

If you started it for a moment and then cut it off and check the oil, this can often get fuel into your oil. It never hurts to send oil to blackstone though. Even if there's nothing wrong.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Registered User Jackstand Johnny's Avatar
    I agree completely. The kicker is if you send your oil to be analyzed when there's both ng wrong, they could end up finding your me thing wrong you never knew was there. Blackstone will take care of you.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.