Subaru WRX Forum banner

Aholes on the road

8K views 106 replies 25 participants last post by  Germz to Japz 
#1 ·
Funny, back when I had a Mustang,cars that arent meant to be fast would try to get past me on the highway,cut me off and generally all the sudden becomes jerks on the road..I thought when I got my 2015 WRX I would see none of that...Too my suprise its worse than ever LOL...I think people think its a little four banger with an after market hood and an exhaust I put on it....But there was no excuse for the guy this morning in the BRZ...I mean he bought his car at Suburu Im sure he knows mine will blow the doors off it,anyone seeing this when they drive around..I think its hilarious:cool:

#3 ·
Before the WRX, I had a modified Prius that I'd commute through S. Pa into Va. Once in awhile a diesel truck would mess with me, I know purposely. No big deal. Now I also see the same in AZ with the WRX. All of the roads are 3 lanes per side and once in awhile I'll just cruise my lane and if I'll roll past a souped up truck with a loud exhaust or this one dude in an RX-8, they'll decide at that very moment to randomly punch it, even if there's zero gains for it. I never had anything to prove to anyone in any car I drove so I just wave and say cool truck, sounds great, whatever.

#5 ·
We are in Jersey so there is always that. I just get it go I drive around 80 miles a day and I see a lot of it. Once in a while I will play and follow other drivers but anyone that really wants to race they can do what they want I'll let them get pulled over

#7 ·
I would lose years off my life faster and faster as I got better mpg... I just can't handle driving a prius haha...

oh and OP to address your post... I noticed I got tons of attention in my e36 more than my 2014 wrx... but it was different attention once I got the Subaru... honda's and toyota's and scions will not leave me alone in the wrx... evo's and lancers ignore me surprisingly... brz's and wrx's just smile... sorry my ADHD kicked in...

i've been lucky with the lack of attention and idiots wanting to race left and right... but most people who have a wrx say they have gotten twice the attention coming from their other cars...

you should "totally" just smoke anyone who wants to race next time... become the king of the road... let nobody pass! :p

haha good luck! :D

#9 ·
I would lose years off my life faster and faster as I got better mpg... I just can't handle driving a prius haha...
Meh, my wife's Insight is pretty engaging to drive, and it will nudge past 60mpg on the highway. Sharper turn in and less body roll than my stock WRX (although not once I had Whiteline swaybars on the bugeye).

The Insight CVT has extremely responsive paddle shifters, too. Best CVT I've driven.

#13 ·
No matter what you drive there's always going to be some idiot trying to race you, usually in something they know they shouldn't. I've had people try to race me while driving my old Honda, my Toyota truck, even on my sportbike with their sub 200hp cars. Main people who try messing with me these days for some weird reason are Lancer owners (not even EVO's). I just ignore everyone who tries to street race, not my cup of tea.

#20 ·
Ah, I forgot what it's like to have side roads lol
I've been through novo before have a friend I dropped off in Christiansburg when we got out of tech school in the air force....I liked it out there...very scenic

#22 ·
I keep trying to get holly interested in moving there...some reason she likes big cities and being congested everywhere like NYC
I hate it. I hate traffic, I hate being smothered by 8 million other people on the road not moving, hate anywhere like that. I really feel smothered by it. I love smaller places, less people, more area to breathe...
You'd think Kansas is perfect then but...dam that's TOO much of nothing lol

#28 ·
I keep trying to get holly interested in moving there...some reason she likes big cities and being congested everywhere like NYC
I hate it. I hate traffic, I hate being smothered by 8 million other people on the road not moving, hate anywhere like that. I really feel smothered by it. I love smaller places, less people, more area to breathe...
^^This is what I miss about living in NC. The drivers out here in WA convinced me in getting a dashcam.

#30 ·
I don't really see much while driving in my '07 Speed3, since my commute is less than 2 miles. This model year lacks a hood scoop, and there are only a few noticeable differences between the Speed3 and regular 3, so maybe that could affect it also. :dontknow:

The same goes for the weekends though. I'm either oblivious, or I don't see many people trying to mess with or "race" me. In fact, the only thing I really noticed on my biweekly drive from Pittsburgh to State College PA was a 2015 WRX caught up to me and hung behind me for a few seconds in the fast lane. He kind of hovered there, potentially to wait for me to boost around a truck that I was about to pass. So I took it, and once I passed it, the WRX cruised on by.

#32 ·
I constantly have kids pull up next to me at a light.
They all stare and rev their engines, usually I shake my head and rev the N1.
The second the light changes I go from zero to 40mph as fast as possible. (Speed limits permiting)
The surprised look on their faces is priceless.
There has been a couple times that when I hit 35-40 and backed off.
Stupid kids keep going and get pulled over. Dummies.
I still can't figure out why kids would want to street race. You ricer idiots will kill yourselves or someone else.
There is a time and a place called Louden NH racetrack.

#37 ·
a guy literally tried to kill me in rush hour traffic on the way to work once. I ended up missing 2.5 months of work, broke bones and total'd my Triumph cycle. I passed a guy at last sec b4 the start of a bridge off ramp, I was speeding but he did not have to brake or do anything that should have offended him. He caught up with me few miles down the road, cut me off from the right lane, and locked up all 4 of his tires.

I never really played around, but I certainly don't now, and I don't mess around either. I have since taught a few lessons to irresponsible drivers, at their expense of course ;)

#41 ·
I was driving home from work yesterday and had a p.o.s Saab turbo wagon cut me off and then step on the gas for a minute and then jerk over to the slow lane and slow way down. As I passed him I looked over and he smiled at me and merged back over into the fast lane. Was really strange. Thought he was drunk for a minute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.