Aholes on the road
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Aholes on the road within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Funny, back when I had a Mustang,cars that arent meant to be fast would try to get past me on ...

Angry Aholes on the road

Funny, back when I had a Mustang,cars that arent meant to be fast would try to get past me on the highway,cut me off and generally all the sudden becomes jerks on the road..I thought when I got my 2015 WRX I would see none of that...Too my suprise its worse than ever LOL...I think people think its a little four banger with an after market hood and an exhaust I put on it....But there was no excuse for the guy this morning in the BRZ...I mean he bought his car at Suburu Im sure he knows mine will blow the doors off it,anyone seeing this when they drive around..I think its hilarious

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I first got my 06 I had people revving at me constantly in jettas and **** like that. its calmed down alot, maybe bc its cold now... i always laugh at them too.
    2006 San Remo Red WRX Stage 2

Before the WRX, I had a modified Prius that I'd commute through S. Pa into Va. Once in awhile a diesel truck would mess with me, I know purposely. No big deal. Now I also see the same in AZ with the WRX. All of the roads are 3 lanes per side and once in awhile I'll just cruise my lane and if I'll roll past a souped up truck with a loud exhaust or this one dude in an RX-8, they'll decide at that very moment to randomly punch it, even if there's zero gains for it. I never had anything to prove to anyone in any car I drove so I just wave and say cool truck, sounds great, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by chris s View Post
    Before the WRX, I had a modified Prius that I'd commute through S. Pa into Va. Once in awhile a diesel truck would mess with me, I know purposely. No big deal. Now I also see the same in AZ with the WRX. All of the roads are 3 lanes per side and once in awhile I'll just cruise my lane and if I'll roll past a souped up truck with a loud exhaust or this one dude in an RX-8, they'll decide at that very moment to randomly punch it, even if there's zero gains for it. I never had anything to prove to anyone in any car I drove so I just wave and say cool truck, sounds great, whatever.
    how do you modify a prius?
    2006 San Remo Red WRX Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    We are in Jersey so there is always that. I just get it go I drive around 80 miles a day and I see a lot of it. Once in a while I will play and follow other drivers but anyone that really wants to race they can do what they want I'll let them get pulled over
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktimusCrime View Post
    I had Eibachs, aftermarket rims and a few additions. Car was necessity so I tried to make it a little enjoyable.

I would lose years off my life faster and faster as I got better mpg... I just can't handle driving a prius haha...

oh and OP to address your post... I noticed I got tons of attention in my e36 more than my 2014 wrx... but it was different attention once I got the Subaru... honda's and toyota's and scions will not leave me alone in the wrx... evo's and lancers ignore me surprisingly... brz's and wrx's just smile... sorry my ADHD kicked in...

i've been lucky with the lack of attention and idiots wanting to race left and right... but most people who have a wrx say they have gotten twice the attention coming from their other cars...

you should "totally" just smoke anyone who wants to race next time... become the king of the road... let nobody pass!

haha good luck!

GTIs will try to drive me off the road. And any BMW being driven by a younger kid will always pull up beside me and give me looks.
    Not so much anymore.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    I would lose years off my life faster and faster as I got better mpg... I just can't handle driving a prius haha...
    Meh, my wife's Insight is pretty engaging to drive, and it will nudge past 60mpg on the highway. Sharper turn in and less body roll than my stock WRX (although not once I had Whiteline swaybars on the bugeye).

The Insight CVT has extremely responsive paddle shifters, too. Best CVT I've driven.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I always get the car full of high schoolers, flat bills, terrible beards. Usually driving some old honda or eclipse or whatever is sub-200Hp but kids think are fast anyway...I always get a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktimusCrime View Post
    Dude I've seen a stance prius come to my dealership for service before. Wish my old phone never broke cause the pic was there
    Stinkeye member 520

A lot of it may be in your perception too. I've noticed the older I get the less people are trying to race me.

No matter what you drive there's always going to be some idiot trying to race you, usually in something they know they shouldn't. I've had people try to race me while driving my old Honda, my Toyota truck, even on my sportbike with their sub 200hp cars. Main people who try messing with me these days for some weird reason are Lancer owners (not even EVO's). I just ignore everyone who tries to street race, not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    A lot of it may be in your perception too. I've noticed the older I get the less people are trying to race me.
    Yup same.. I don't notice anyone trying to race (besides civics for god knows what reason)
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Yup same.. I don't notice anyone trying to race (besides civics for god knows what reason)
    I can't recall off the top of my head the last time someone tried to race me that wasn't sitting on a drag strip next to me. You always have the fart cannon kids driving like tools, but they are only racing in their minds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.