Winter Tires 2015 WRX GT Radial Champiro Ice Pro
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Winter Tires 2015 WRX GT Radial Champiro Ice Pro within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought my WRX last week and the Stock tires almost killed me on the Icy Roads here. Im ...

Winter Tires 2015 WRX GT Radial Champiro Ice Pro

I just bought my WRX last week and the Stock tires almost killed me on the Icy Roads here. Im going to buy Some GT Radial Champiro Ice Pro at Discount tires this weekend only because they are so Cheap and I really cant find anything bad about them other then they are an off Brand.... Anyone here ever run them?

The reason is because after buying a new car and having to pay registration in 55 Days... I am strapped for cash and obviously do not feel safe with Summer tires on snow and ice... Its more for safety then anything else as I do not plan on driving aggressively until I can put the summers back on and I have 2 small kids in the back set. I also need to be able to get out of the way if some idiot is losing control and sliding towards me.

If anyone has tried them let me know

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go with the General Altimax Arctic. You will pay maybe $10-20 more per tire, but it is a much better choice. Made in Germany too.

I can get the GT's at $85 bucks a tire... The Generals are $120.00 a tire.. I am saving $140.00 for a set of 4. The other thing is the speed rating is "T" for the GT's vs "Q" for the Generals. My thing is if the speed rating is higher for the GT's maybe it will be less squishy in the corners then the Generals. But my true motivation is the price and Safety over the summer tires. I plan to get some nice Winter Tires next winter when I am not broke from buying a new car

The speed rating does not correlate to squishiness. I haven't tried the Generals, but would imagine that Bacon suggested them because they provide a good balance at your price point.

Just got back from Discount Tires, Was able to walk away with 4 Snows for $399.00 out the door. Thats taking into account the $50 Bucks I get back for buying them with their credit card. That's about $70 a tire Really pleased with the way the tires look. It should snow tomorrow so I am excited to try them out in the snow. So far the only feed back is that they are a noisy tire but I expected that already

How do you like them so far? I've been looking at the same set for mine. I'm trying to decide if the off brands are worth it, because I also got a quote for some really good Toyo tires for $710. With the snow tomorrow you should have a good chance to test them out. My car stays garaged if it's below 40 outside or it's anything other than dry until I get a new set for winter.

I pickup a set of Bridgestone blizzak ws80 northwest sweet. 1200 miles wrx 2015 cvt

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.