Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 WRX or 2014 Civic Si?

34K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  bagwell 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new car and I just can't decide between the two: 2015 WRX or 2014 Civic Si. I have test driven both and I liked both handling (I guess I'm not too picky or I didn't drive it long enough to notice a huge difference?). Power isn't the hugest factor, but it helps and honestly, both felt "fast/quick" to me. What I'm more worried about is reliability, the long run of things (even in the "short" run, if that comes about). I know it's a turbo'd engine vs a naturally aspirated engine, so more things can go wrong on the WRX, but it might not, who knows?

So, my question is, why would you choose one over the other? Or why did you choose one over the other? There must be some people who sold their Si for a WRX or vise versa, so any input will help. Thanks!

P.S. This car will be for daily driving (commuting from home, school, work [mostly city]) and occasional spirited driving via back roads. Also, space in the rear seats and trunk is of slight importance. I drive my parents and friends around sometimes, but mostly it's just me.

#43 ·
I owned a 2013, 2009, and 1994 Civic Si and all were good cars. The 2013 was decently quick and would return 30mpg without much effort, but I got bored with it quickly.

Just picked up my first Subaru (2015 WRX) this past weekend and can already tell that it's in a different class than the Civic as far as performance. The civic has better electronics (auto door locks, better Bluetooth, etc). Overall, the Civic is a sporty commuter - but the WRX is a fun car that I happen to commute in. Make sense?

#44 ·
After reading more of this thread, if you test drove both and can't decide between the two of them, just get the damn civic. Lower cost, better build quality, potentially more reliable, better MPG. The WRX is leaps and bounds above the civic in terms of performance and easily achieved potential. If you drove the two of them and couldn't figure that out, then it doesn't even matter to you. Seeing that the performance isn't a factor, why the hell are you even asking us? Without the "need for speed" the civic is the obvious answer and it's still enough car to have fun with on the back roads.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.