2014 wrx headers?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 wrx headers? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my buddy thinks he knows everything about cars and he is pretty dumb most of the time! I will admit ...

2014 wrx headers?

my buddy thinks he knows everything about cars and he is pretty dumb most of the time! I will admit I am new to the Subaru game but he tells me that my car doesn't have headers at all he says it has a turbo manifold? I have never heard of such a thing. please explain. Also please settle another argument do I lose 20 percent of hp at the crank if so that means im running about 217 hp on a stock 2014 wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've looked into the difference between manifold and headers....There's really none. As far as what I've come across exhaust manifold is the correct term, headers are the same thing
    And ya just about every car shows power at the crank so the 14 wrx has 265 at the crank and due to power loss being transfered you lose roughly 20 percent to the wheels
    Stinkeye member 520

Not only do you have "headers", they are of unequal length
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    Not only do you have "headers", they are of unequal length
    bring that subbie rumble and they sound even more **** upgraded. UEL headers for more rumble and a little power EL for a normal 4 banger and some decent power when dyno tuned. i put UEL headers on my rex and i love them fappin all the way down the street

intake manifold doesnt make much diffrence unless your building some large HP numbers

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Headers/exhaust manifold, same thing.

How much power is lost through the drivetrain kind of depends on how you measure it at the wheels. Generally, that number should be closer to 30% loss from crank hp to whp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sometimes they are also referred to as a turbo manifold (Full race refers to them this way I noticed). But regardless, same thing.

And yes. That HP figure you threw out is fairly accurate. I remember being sad when I discovered that fact. There is a lot of drivetrain loss in a all wheel drive vehicle.

hp gain?

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Sometimes they are also referred to as a turbo manifold (Full race refers to them this way I noticed). But regardless, same thing.

And yes. That HP figure you threw out is fairly accurate. I remember being sad when I discovered that fact. There is a lot of drivetrain loss in a all wheel drive vehicle.
    what is the cheapest way to gain a substantial amount of hp. Im thinking a stage 2 cobb kit, turbo back exhaust, access port, and intake ? any thoughts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nevesseven View Post
    what is the cheapest way to gain a substantial amount of hp. Im thinking a stage 2 cobb kit, turbo back exhaust, access port, and intake ? any thoughts
    The cheapest way to get a good bump in hp would be to do a high flow down pipe and get a stage 2 tune. If you have a laptop you can buy a tactrix cable and get an opensource tune. That's the cheapest.

Define substantial..

Tune

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Define substantial..
    Well I was thinking about going stage 2 Cobb pak anyone done it ? What were ur results like ? 280hp range?

Thousands of people have done it. Cobb has the results for each year model posted on their website. COBB Tuning

Thousands of people have done it. Cobb has the results for each year model posted on their website. COBB Tuning
    Ya but I can't find a single review done by someone other that Cobb will it damage the car in any way?

Ya but I can't find a single review done by someone other that Cobb will it damage the car in any way?

Search the forum, I've seen probably a dozen reviews posted here in the last couple months.

Whether it will damage the car or not depends on how your car takes to the tune. More often than not, it won't cause any problems.. but some people have issues with the Cobb OTS maps knocking (and/or boost creep). If you follow the map notes exactly, and data log to make sure it is running well on your car, then the risk of damage is very minimal. In some cases the stage two tune may be safer for the car than the stock tune.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Search the forum, I've seen probably a dozen reviews posted here in the last couple months.

Whether it will damage the car or not depends on how your car takes to the tune. More often than not, it won't cause any problems.. but some people have issues with the Cobb OTS maps knocking (and/or boost creep). If you follow the map notes exactly, and data log to make sure it is running well on your car, then the risk of damage is very minimal. In some cases the stage two tune may be safer for the car than the stock tune.

This is 100% accurate. Generally Cobb OTS maps have no issue, though you do hear the exception.

I have run Cobb OTS on 2 different WRXs my 2004 and my 2013, the 13 also has a Cobb catted downpipe and the Invidia N1.
    I had no issues with map even at stage2, keep in mind the Cobb maps are very conservative.
    Now that I know I am building beyond stage2, I had my car Dyno tuned, by a protuner. I have 2 custom maps and they are great.
    My car is tuned for balance because it's a DD, not max WHP like a lot of people do.
    Always remember you get what you pay for, this applies directly to tuning.

Hope this helps.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Also if you have problems with the OTS you can send the logs in to cobb I believe and torqued performance for a revised tune
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.