2015 wrx and tuning
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 wrx and tuning within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2015 WRX... Getting nameless axelback in a month. Just wondering if a pro tune on top would ...

2015 wrx and tuning

I have a 2015 WRX... Getting nameless axelback in a month. Just wondering if a pro tune on top would be good? I bought and returned the COBB AP I bought. I have used cobb for try last 8 years and this was the first time I ws disappointed. Didn't seem very good compared to stock in terms of mapping. What alternatives to cobb are out there? I don't want to do a whole lot of mods, but would like to maybe get around 296 hp like the WRX S4 that is getting released in Japan. GreatLy appreciate all advice

Thanks

Darren

Also, why does any photo I post for my profile come in upside down??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A pro tune is always good (if the tuner knows what he's doing). I believe ECUTek is the only other option for the 2015 WRX so far (other than stand alone).

Your avatar photo must be oriented the wrong way.. I would just turn it around in Photoshop (or GIMP) .

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobieguy70 View Post
    I have used cobb for try last 8 years and this was the first time I ws disappointed.
    The 1.05 maps were disappointing but they improved the throttle response somewhat in the 1.08 versions. The last generation used a bigger turbo which meant more gains from a basic tune, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are limitations to what can be achieved with the stock injectors and turbo. I hope we'll see some more Cobb updates soon and get a better idea of what can be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobieguy70 View Post
    I have a 2015 WRX... Getting nameless axelback in a month. Just wondering if a pro tune on top would be good? I bought and returned the COBB AP I bought. I have used cobb for try last 8 years and this was the first time I ws disappointed. Didn't seem very good compared to stock in terms of mapping. What alternatives to cobb are out there? I don't want to do a whole lot of mods, but would like to maybe get around 296 hp like the WRX S4 that is getting released in Japan. GreatLy appreciate all advice

Thanks

Darren

Also, why does any photo I post for my profile come in upside down??

I tried the 108 HWG map and I still liked the stock mapping better. The stock mapping has great low mid range torque which is awesome for city driving. The cobb stage 1 seemed to flatten out the torque curve alright... Except misses any zip that would set in on my 2011 WRX AT AROUND 3800 RPM. WONDER WHAT SUBARU DID TO GET THE WRX S4 to 296hp?

Man I knew the 2015 WRX had good grip...but THAT much?

Mindblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    Man I knew the 2015 WRX had good grip...but THAT much?

Mindblown.

Funny stuff Big Ben!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.