Bottoming out with 2015 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bottoming out with 2015 wrx within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is it just me or does this car bottom out more than most stock cars? seems like I bottom out ...

Bottoming out with 2015 wrx

Is it just me or does this car bottom out more than most stock cars? seems like I bottom out way more then. My previous cars like a accord, civic , and Camry. I seriously see a tiny driveway hump or speed bump and I get all nervous now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mrd
    I didn't check yet on 2015, but 2011 had entrance angle 12deg. Just be careful go with tires first and it will be fine.

It has less clearance and bottoms out easier than than the Miata I traded in for it. I was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by silasm View Post
    It has less clearance and bottoms out easier than than the Miata I traded in for it. I was surprised.
    My 2015 WRX bottoms out less than the 2002 Mazda Millenia S I traded in for it .
    2015 WRX Limited

This happens to me very frequently, and yes I am very paranoid everywhere I go. This car bottoms out more frequently than may 06 rsx s. when I pull out of m driveway if I don't pull out at an angle it scrapes, and if I have my wife and kids in the car it rubs unless I am almost sideways. and just so we are clear all passengers together weigh about 420. I have to completely avoid the speed bumps at work.
    Current: 2015 WRX Limited DGM, 2013 Outback Limited, 2006 Jeep Commander
    Sold: 2011 pagani zonda..........maybe not, 2006 Acura RSX type S, 2002 Dodge Stratus SXT, 2002 Kia Spectra GSX, 1989 Chevrolet Caviler

Quote Originally Posted by Islandchanel View Post
    Is it just me or does this car bottom out more than most stock cars?
    Yep. Most stock cars are better at handling those speed bumps and driveways of your local shopping mall. I belly rolled a good sized granite cobblestone when I <ahem>, took a fire road shortcut awhile back. No damage done though. I'm pretty happy with the factory undercarriage so far.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.