Why do you drive a WRX/STI ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why do you drive a WRX/STI ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know why I do... AWD, fast, dependable and a great look. But with other cars providing more horsepower and ...

Why do you drive a WRX/STI ?

I know why I do... AWD, fast, dependable and a great look. But with other cars providing more horsepower and other essentials for a similar price, what makes you have no doubt when buying a Subaru?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AWD Boost.

And honestly...the rumble from the boxer with the UEL headers when coupled with an aftermarket exhaust. I literally wanted that sound. And now I'm on my 3rd Subaru in 8 years because of it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I have always loved the Impreza / WRX ever since Colin McRae raced the old Impreza. They day that Subaru unveiled the bugeye impreza I knew that one day, I would have to own a Subaru. After getting older and driving ****ty car after ****ty car, I decided it was time for a new car. I always thought the WRX was too expensive and not in my price range. Recently with the release of the 2015 I was completely let down with the changes made to the car (looks). I felt that I had to find a late model 2013/2014 if I wanted to buy a WRX that was going to be a reliable, quick, and gorgeous car. Needless to say, I purchased my 2013 hatch last month and I have been so happy since. I have big plans for the car in due time. Right now I am just going to enjoy it as Subaru designed it to be. (until I can afford some minor upgrades lol)

Few months back I purchased my 2013 WRX sedan (blue) and I love it still. Also looking to eventually upgrade. It's lightweight and aerodynamics make for a fast car!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitt11 View Post
    I know why I do... AWD, fast, dependable and a great look. But with other cars providing more horsepower and other essentials for a similar price, what makes you have no doubt when buying a Subaru?
    This was my wife and I's checklist:
    - Fun to drive (200+ hp)
    - FWD or AWD for snow
    - Brand new under under 35k MSRP (We bought outright so we hard a firm budget)
    - Auto/CVT
    - 4+ doors

I had 2 options: Golf GTi and a WRX. The Golf 4 door was $3000 more expensive, had 58 less hp and no AWD. I also love the look of the 2015 WRX compared to the Golf and have loved Subie's since I first saw them. It was an easy choice for me.

If the WRX wasn't offered with a CVT I probably would have settled for a Mazda 3. lol

It all depends on what you need/want. For me, a powerful AWD car that was on budget is what mattered. In this case, there weren't many other options.

It's fun and practical .

I Support ClubWRX
    AWD for New England, great open source ECU following (thanks Torqued Performance!) and downpipe as a cheap upgrade for an even more powerful car, turbo, and it's a Subaru of course! The only car I've owned that was not a Subaru was a VW Passat 1.8T and I HATED it!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

Because it is pretty much the most bang for your buck you can get new for $26k hatchback(WRX that is).

-AWD, a must for me, I ski around 60 days a season and live on Long Island, so I need something to get me to the hill.
    -MPG, yeh, I said it. Despite how it may seem, unless you always drive it like you are on the track, this car will average 23-25mpg depending on your city/highway ratio. I came from a Nissan Sentra which had a CVT and that thing gave me an average of (only)1.5mpg better than my 2014 WRX.
    -Quick, nimble, raw, practical and versatile. There are no other cars in this price range that have AWD and the carrying capacity of the five door AND still manage to get to 60 in give or take 5 seconds.
    -Because racecar. I have loved the WRX since I learned about it in the mid-late 90s. You can say it was somewhat my dream car that was actually obtainable in my late twenties without winning the lottery or having a trust fund.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The cheapest,fastest,awd car I could find.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it is cool.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Did you tune yours?

Everybody told me not to get it.

mrd
    My wife likes to preach about me driving this car and gets angry. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Whitt11 View Post
    Few months back I purchased my 2013 WRX sedan (blue) and I love it still. Also looking to eventually upgrade. It's lightweight and aerodynamics make for a fast car!
    Aerodynamics??? That's one of the things that slows down these cars
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Because:

-Racing History
    -Turbo
    -AWD
    -Speed
    -Performance
    -Practicality
    -Agility
    -Reliability

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.