2015 WRX Turnover Question - Concerns
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Turnover Question - Concerns within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I am a new owner of a 2015 WRX, and the car just turned over 800 miles. I ...

2015 WRX Turnover Question - Concerns

Hey guys. I am a new owner of a 2015 WRX, and the car just turned over 800 miles.
    I absolutely love the car so far, just have a few lingering concerns.

It is a fully loaded Limited, including Keyless Entry/Push Button start.
    So far so good, but I do have one lingering concern... The last two days, I've had two instances where the engine took a bit longer than normal to turnover and fire up. Particularly this early morning when I woke up. It was a cooler morning, but being that I reside in sunny Southern California, its nothing compared to temps some of these owners probably deal with on a daily basis. Since I've purchased it, it seems at the push of the start button, the time lapse is pretty consistent and identical every time it goes to fire up. But this morning, it was about twice as long as the car has usually taken to fire up, it was quite the extended crank. Granted it was probably the coolest morning the car has seen, but it couldn't have been any less than 65 degrees... The extended cranking really concerned me.

The car never hesitates and runs extremely strong. I also don't know how to raise my concern to the dealer, because it's does it so scarcely (twice) that I wouldn't know how to replicate the problem. All I can think of is having my cell phone camera handy when I go to start it up in the morning in case I can catch the lengthy turnover.

Was just curious if any other owners had this due to some circumstance. Also seeing if I could gather any technical information that I could relay to the dealer to check, some that could potentially help me rectify the situation.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ericlikescars; 08-14-2014 at 12:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good Luck , mine has been in the shop since July 14th for this problem . Mine is not occasional though , it does it every time the engine is cold .

Any Subaru techs on these boards ? Need help with 2015 WRX .

Damn, very sad to read this and your thread...
    Have you had the issue since the first day of your ownership? And it is behaving like mine once it has been started and warmed up... In other words, just fine.

Yes and Yes

It seems they have given up on my car . Just waiting now for a resolution .

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    This is a known issue and there is a TSB.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Thanks zax. I sent you over a PM.

Seems like the Forester does in fact quite a bit of hard start issues... There is an ECU upgrade that seems to be a pretty decent fix, but I'm not sure our WRX's are getting the same treatment yet.

How would we go about this?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Any chance that TSB is originating in Charleston SC ?

just curious

As of this morning my old 2015 WRX is gone . Well actually it's still at the shop in a somewhat disassembled state but it's no longer mine .

Always wondered what the engine looked like with the cover off .

and the rear seat out

sad really

Good luck Eric hopefully your car can be fixed with a software remedy some time soon . Mine's done .
    Last edited by WPuckhaber; 08-17-2014 at 03:54 AM.

It's not all gloom for me though . I am now rockin' a 2015 WRX limited

It's soo good to be back !!!

nice! looks like the dealer looked after you

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.