2015 WRX Cobb AP Dyno - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Cobb AP Dyno within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by huitt06 I was told they were still working on it at the time of purchase Yeah, there's ...

Quote Originally Posted by huitt06 View Post
    I was told they were still working on it at the time of purchase
    Yeah, there's no mention of it in the map notes.

How did you find the adjustment to the linear pedal response? Do you find that you have to stomp on the gas to get the same effect as before? I'm tempted by a protune with some kind of middle ground if I can choose those parameters. Either way, I don't find the stock map to be very smooth so it needs a change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No its just much more predictable....not surging like stock and much better top end than before
    Perrin shifter bushing, nameless muffler delete, Cobb stg. 1

Quote Originally Posted by huitt06 View Post
    No its just much more predictable....not surging like stock and much better top end than before
    I tried a newly flashed car last night (91 map) and found that it is indeed linear, but there's no power unless you are giving it around 80% gas. That car probably has to go through a relearn so it could be too early to say for sure, but if the response stays that way then I will probably look for some kind of middle ground. My last Cobb stage 1 ('08) wasn't great at my altitude so I'll probably have to get a protune anyway (back then Perrin made a better map for me, night & day difference).

Huitt06, I tried this some more today and don't really much change between 20% and 80% gas. It feels uneven like before, but in the opposite way. Did you find that it took some time for the car to do it's relearn thing before seeing stage 1 gains? Right now the car only has any real pep at 100%, and even then it's not as good as stock. I am wondering if the Cobb stage 1 just isn't good at my location, the same as on my '08.

I'm running 93 so I maybe better gains. ..I felt it immediately afterwards. ...at first it felt a little slower because it didn't surge at 2500-3000 like before. It's more deliberate yes you give it more throttle but that's what I like, not jumpy at light throttle now. I can definitely feel gained power in upper rpms whereas before it died after 4k.

We'll fill up with 94 next time and try the 93 map. Thanks for the help!

Ya been great for me...ready for stage 2 maps

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Yeah, there's no mention of it in the map notes.

How did you find the adjustment to the linear pedal response? Do you find that you have to stomp on the gas to get the same effect as before? I'm tempted by a protune with some kind of middle ground if I can choose those parameters. Either way, I don't find the stock map to be very smooth so it needs a change.
    There is a beta map out now v108 with HWG maps also along with your others as before with some revisions. Throttle is better and the low load knocks got a lot better. I'm running the stage1 93 v108 HWG map and boost has also been better.

Here are a few links to my last logs if you care to take a look. Done in fourth gear 2500rpm to redline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=478345029

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1194380096

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12