Wrx shopping with some questions.

This is a discussion on Wrx shopping with some questions. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First I will start off with the fact I need the wagon. Then go on to the 11 and up ...

Wrx shopping with some questions.

First I will start off with the fact I need the wagon. Then go on to the 11 and up body style, which I just prefer. What I'm really looking for is a reliable work beater, but it must be good in all weather as we some times get them all in one day in Illinoid. A 2wd is a no go, as some of my work sites are off the beaten path. Is the STI any more reliable than the standard WRX? The extra performance would be nice, but I already have a toy for my go fast fix, so either will be fine. I realize all the two models really share is a body and interior so I figured I would get some real world experience as far as the drive trains go. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If is just a beater and you already have a fun toy then I would get an outback sport or a cross trek. A lot cheaper and less on gas.

Both the WRX and Sti will be reliable if you maintain them properly and don't do anything stupid to them.

Your idea has merit and makes sense, but I have to be honest and say I just hate driving boring cars. The mileage of these is surprisingly low, but they were never meant to be economy cars. Thanks for the advice.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hear ya. I would test drive both and see what you like better. The WRX would be a good reliable daily beater of a buggy. The Sti would be a better platform if you plan to build the car up more. Both are reliable if you take proper maintenance care and don't do something to the car that will harm it (just like most cars).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Your idea has merit and makes sense, but I have to be honest and say I just hate driving boring cars. The mileage of these is surprisingly low, but they were never meant to be economy cars. Thanks for the advice.
    You could really go either way. I bought my second WRX new, if I could have afforded it I would have got STI. I guess it's going to come down to your goals and how much ( if any) you intend to upgrade it. From experience if this is your first WRX the mod bug bites pretty hard. Especially after seeing all the different customization options out there. What is your go fast toy? My WRX is my DD, I am going to start building a1970 Chevelle SS in the near future. Pm me, I always like to hear about go fast toys.
    2013 WRX Stage2 Cobb DP Cobb AF intake Cobb airbox DEI reflectagold Invida N1 cat back GrimSpeed heatshield PTP turbo blanket AP Tuner custom pro tune 291 WHP 320 torque. Subaru WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!