Wrx shopping with some questions.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx shopping with some questions. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First I will start off with the fact I need the wagon. Then go on to the 11 and up ...

Wrx shopping with some questions.

First I will start off with the fact I need the wagon. Then go on to the 11 and up body style, which I just prefer. What I'm really looking for is a reliable work beater, but it must be good in all weather as we some times get them all in one day in Illinoid. A 2wd is a no go, as some of my work sites are off the beaten path. Is the STI any more reliable than the standard WRX? The extra performance would be nice, but I already have a toy for my go fast fix, so either will be fine. I realize all the two models really share is a body and interior so I figured I would get some real world experience as far as the drive trains go. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If is just a beater and you already have a fun toy then I would get an outback sport or a cross trek. A lot cheaper and less on gas.

Both the WRX and Sti will be reliable if you maintain them properly and don't do anything stupid to them.

Your idea has merit and makes sense, but I have to be honest and say I just hate driving boring cars. The mileage of these is surprisingly low, but they were never meant to be economy cars. Thanks for the advice.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hear ya. I would test drive both and see what you like better. The WRX would be a good reliable daily beater of a buggy. The Sti would be a better platform if you plan to build the car up more. Both are reliable if you take proper maintenance care and don't do something to the car that will harm it (just like most cars).

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Your idea has merit and makes sense, but I have to be honest and say I just hate driving boring cars. The mileage of these is surprisingly low, but they were never meant to be economy cars. Thanks for the advice.
    You could really go either way. I bought my second WRX new, if I could have afforded it I would have got STI. I guess it's going to come down to your goals and how much ( if any) you intend to upgrade it. From experience if this is your first WRX the mod bug bites pretty hard. Especially after seeing all the different customization options out there. What is your go fast toy? My WRX is my DD, I am going to start building a1970 Chevelle SS in the near future. Pm me, I always like to hear about go fast toys.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

if you need a wagon and some extra ground clearance plus distance from normal look at the legacy xt or forrester xt. all the wrx in a little bigger car and the new legacy xt's are Fine! i almost traded my wrx off on a Legacy xt a few months ago. otherwise if you dont want boooooring and daily driver fun plug mud terain just remember its a car. rally car maybe but off the beaten path sounds like you need 4x4...not awd. maybe a year old eco boost f150?already some nice mods out for them and they arnt keeping their value like a sti hahaha actually less expensive than the newer model. ive seen some 2-4 year old wrx/sti selling for more than they did new!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    if you need a wagon and some extra ground clearance plus distance from normal look at the legacy xt or forrester xt. all the wrx in a little bigger car and the new legacy xt's are Fine! i almost traded my wrx off on a Legacy xt a few months ago. otherwise if you dont want boooooring and daily driver fun plug mud terain just remember its a car. rally car maybe but off the beaten path sounds like you need 4x4...not awd. maybe a year old eco boost f150?already some nice mods out for them and they arnt keeping their value like a sti hahaha actually less expensive than the newer model. ive seen some 2-4 year old wrx/sti selling for more than they did new!
    When I say off the beaten path, they are gravel roads which usually aren't plowed in the Winter until we get there to do it. I have a JKU Rubicon for when it really gets nasty, but the mileage of those things will drain a bank account quickly. I want the WRX to be for most days when the weather is unpredictable, pretty much a car for the other 99% of the time. I do understand what you are saying though, it's one of those things where you just want something different.

I never seen what year are you going to buy...as I see 14's still new at local dealerships

Haha cool! Only problem I've had with my 02 is draining my bank account making it better. Only about a quayer of the stuff I've done to mine was actual repairs because I was broke down. But normal for any car at 150000
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawkwrx View Post
    I never seen what year are you going to buy...as I see 14's still new at local dealerships
    Looking for an 11 to 14. It's my first turbo car I have shopped for. I'm mainly a Dodge guy and stuck with big motors. A little more research is in order, how do the two different AWD systems fair in less than ideal weather. The motors look to be bulletproof if taken care of and the HP difference is negligible enough on paper to not sway me either way. I'm curious if the mileage of these can be improved through better breathing and some A/F adjustments.

I was really hoping the wagon would come back, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Last edited by Troublemaker; 07-25-2014 at 03:40 PM.

i was wondering what would go along with a pretty much stock sti/wrx. Only exhaust done to to it. What would be the best turbo and engine mods to run around 500-750 horsepower but also have it reliable?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebh View Post
    i was wondering what would go along with a pretty much stock sti/wrx. Only exhaust done to to it. What would be the best turbo and engine mods to run around 500-750 horsepower but also have it reliable?
    I can tell you right now that a 500-700 hp wrx would not be reliable.

I said reliable because i meant for example heavy duty clutch/pistons etc.

500-750 😳 where would u even drive it?

Sent by clapping two rocks together

drag, empty roads, and texas mile (examples) i would just like a fast car to have fun with

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.