Gasoline Type - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gasoline Type within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Final warning never got a first warning. And wow Zax a moderator on a power trip. This site is worse ...

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Final warning never got a first warning. And wow Zax a moderator on a power trip. This site is worse than high school. You get no constructive criticism here, most question posts go unanswered while you have band wagon threads about nothing. You wanna boot me go ahead it's obvious to me now that you just want to inflate your ego. You have done that to other members and booted them for questioning you. You should spend more time with your family, and less time busting chops of people who are in need of help. And you are crazy if you think SD_GR insulting comment did not warrant a response. I hope others are reading this so they will know, you turned this into the high school lunch table. You should be very proud of yourself MODERATOR!! Have a wonderful day!!!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All I wanted was to be a member and share. It's ok for a moderator to mock me. But is is not ok for me to retort. This a little one sided. If a moderator makes fun of you, and you have something to say about it. They kick you off the site. Lesson learned don't anger the almighty moderator. Or you will have to go to one of the 50 other sites that are Wrx related. I'm not trying to start any trouble. I was mocked I retorted as anyone would.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Final warning never got a first warning. And wow Zax a moderator on a power trip. This site is worse than high school. You get no constructive criticism here, most question posts go unanswered while you have band wagon threads about nothing. You wanna boot me go ahead it's obvious to me now that you just want to inflate your ego. You have done that to other members and booted them for questioning you. You should spend more time with your family, and less time busting chops of people who are in need of help. And you are crazy if you think SD_GR insulting comment did not warrant a response. I hope others are reading this so they will know, you turned this into the high school lunch table. You should be very proud of yourself MODERATOR!! Have a wonderful day!!!
    First and final.

Most of which was posted and interpreted as an insult is just that: interpretation. Do you not agree that we were all children in High School?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    To be honest Zax, yes and no. I was a child until I lost my father. From that point on I became the man of the house. I helped raise my two little brothers, I paid the bills helped with schoolwork and took them to movies and ball games in between the 45+ hours a week I was working to keep the bills paid. Now be honest are these the actions of a child?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    To be honest Zax, yes and no. I was a child until I lost my father. From that point on I became the man of the house. I helped raise my two little brothers, I paid the bills helped with schoolwork and took them to movies and ball games in between the 45+ hours a week I was working to keep the bills paid. Now be honest are these the actions of a child?
    You were a very capable and responsible child. Much more so than myself and most others. That being said, look back on your actions in high school. Have you changed; have you improved? If the answer is yes, I rest my case.

By no means is this intended to be an insult. Premature loss is tragic and unfortunate. I don't wish that upon anyone. Either way, we have drifted off topic.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Sunoco 93 is all I use. I'm not allowed to fill up at BP ever since they blew up at that oil platform.
    Not so much anymore.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Zax!
    I hope we can still be friends and Wrx enthusiast. I think we got off on wrong foot.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    I stopped buying from Bp after what they did to the environment.
    I wish there were stations that sell 95-100 octane. You can buy 106 from Sunoco by the barrel but it's real expensive. I always use the most top quality fuel, even though sometimes it's more expensive. But that's what stop and shop cards are for.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I'll chime in and say that I am fairly rigorous about keeping track of my fuel economy. I started using an app called "aCar" which I have found to be an effective tool for managing data associated with fuel economy. I have found that my fuel economy does vary by which station I fill up at. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ethanol content in the fuel - but just a guess. I will say that I get better fuel economy at the Phillips 76 by my house than elsewhere in town.
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

I just found where the racers fill up. I have access to leaded and unleaded VP racing fuels. Sweet!!!!

Now to get over the 9$ a gallon pricetag for the stuff I want. Yeesh
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    That's what I'm talking about! What grade is the racers fuel? I live in the burbs so there is only 93 at best. I always use 93. It's weird that out west 91 seems to be top octane. Gas stations should have higher quality gas. Around here it's all Audi Bmw Mercedes and Lexus. You would figure with all the high performance cars that are out there now, big oil should offer a better high performance fuel. And if it cost more for higher octane. Personally I would pay it.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

104. Woooo!!!!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup. I'd be all over 104 what are they charging per gallon? And what company owns the station? Brand name ect... That stuff burns so clean. You'll have to let us know how many MPGs your getting off 104.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I figured that a higher octane level doesn't mean higher quality and wouldn't do anything if the system is designed for 91/93, except maybe make it run hotter and damage your car?
    Not so much anymore.

@&##%@ I take that back. VP purple. 107!!! Yow. I rember one if my friends going there for half a tank in his car and coming back white as a ghost. I think its 7-10$ a gallon. Cost v performance I'll not be filling there regularly

But I might grab a quarter tank or so just for kicks when I get near empty. I remember how my camaro engine ran like a dream when I used VP red once on a road trip. It never ran that good again, but that was 104 and 8grams of lead per gallon. I got almost 22 mpg highway cruise from 14-16 I was getting. But that was a mild build 1968 Chevy 350. I'm not sure that even with gas that good it will make a lot of difference on a computer controlled stock motor like mine. But tuned for it....oh maannnn hahaha
    Last edited by tirerob; 07-17-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Rob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast