Jerk Neighbors Who Can't Drive
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jerk Neighbors Who Can't Drive within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm going to tell you guys a story. It may be long winded, but hey, let me have it. ...

Jerk Neighbors Who Can't Drive

So I'm going to tell you guys a story. It may be long winded, but hey, let me have it. This morning I walked out to my car, all excited to get some breakfast with my fiance (Rob). On my side, front, and back WRX emblems, I used pink plasti-dip to make it look like cotton candy and I love it. Anyway, I walk out to this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRX_Crashy.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	154569

Now, I'm dumb struck that someone would just hit my beautiful car, leave, and not leave a note. While I'm still standing there in total awe of what happened, Rob walked around to see if anyone else had a damaged car. Low and behold, right across the street from where I live, there is a tan early 2000s Chevy Impala that strangely has blue and pink markings on his passenger side back bumper.

Name:	JerksBumper.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	154577

Try and think of how many cars you've seen that happen to have this color scheme, and you'll quickly conclude that this idiot is the culprit. (He didn't even try to buff it out).

After calling the police for a report, we kindly knock on their door and tell them the situation. Well, this guy totally refused to believe that he hit my car and began saying that it was either his mother or that I hit his car. Seriously, you freaking tool? I'm not an expert at physics by any means, but having my tire line up perfectly with the other lines is pretty evident that my car was parked and was not moved. Not to mention, it's BEHIND my wheel. When the police officer got there, my neighbor denied it constantly and kept on blaming me. My blood was boiling more and more with each stupid word that came out of his lying mouth. Since the cop warned him that a hit and run is a crime, he would be arrested if a witness comes forth but he gets out scott-free since he denied everything. The report concluded that it was a hit and run, which means I have to pay for the deductible that my neighbor so obviously did.

After everyone left, we confronted his mother who said it wasn't her since she just moved it earlier that morning, and then she said that he must of came home drunk. WHAT?! Nice one neighbors, stay classy.

I have since then, removed the small fender with the pink WRX emblem, since it was only being held on by one black plastic clip. So my car looks like a holy mess on my driver side. Also, I can't open my driver door because of how badly the front piece is bent, so I have to climb in through the passenger side. Glad I'm agile. Being a girl, this makes me feel like people will think I'm a horrible driver. : (

Name:	WRX no fender.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	154593

My memo to all Long Island/NY drivers, or people visiting LI, please excuse my ugly fender area until Wednesday, when I set up my appointment at the body shop. Subie love!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unacceptable.

that cop is obviously an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    Lots of idiots for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    You obviously know nothing about being a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by gleis25 View Post
    You obviously know nothing about being a cop.
    The officer said to me, "I believe you, but there's a small possibility that you hit his car, since he denies hitting your car. There is no doubt in my mind that your cars touched, but I can't draw conclusions based on your statements." Granted, I understand that he doesn't want the dept. to get sued, was following protocol, and tried hard to get a testimony from the guy. It's just annoying that there was not a just solution for me because this guy lied and wouldn't own up to his mistake since he was most likely under the influence while he was driving. (as suggested by his mother). My deductible would have been almost halfway to my new exhaust...

Yeah, it's hard to tell why he would deny it unless something on his end didn't check out (Insurance, driver's license, DUI, etc.) It's definitely a crappy situation for you but it seems like the officer tried the best that he could based off of your story. Hopefully she's back in good shape soon. Definitely a bummer

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That sucks.

Somebody heard it or saw it most likely - have you asked around the other houses? It would be nice if the story ended with jail time.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Glenside5 View Post
    Hopefully she's back in good shape soon. Definitely a bummer
    Can't wait! Totally sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    That sucks.

Somebody heard it or saw it most likely - have you asked around the other houses? It would be nice if the story ended with jail time.
    Yeah, the surrounding 3 houses... No dice.

That is a crappy situation!!
    Hopefully she makes a quick recovery!!
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    Well that sucks. That's one of the reasons I park my car inside, and I have security cameras scanning my property. I hope your neighbor has a change of heart. :/
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Well that sucks. That's one of the reasons I park my car inside, and I have security cameras scanning my property. I hope your neighbor has a change of heart. :/
    Follow him around a bit to work out his social patterns and if drink driving is a regular occurrence, and if it is then call the cops on him when he is driving one evening.

Bummer is really scummy that people can't take responsibility for their actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger73 View Post

My memo to all Long Island/NY drivers, or people visiting LI, please excuse my ugly fender area until Wednesday, when I set up my appointment at the body shop. Subie love!
    If I see you, you'll be excused.. But do not expect a subie wave

Thanks everyone. I'm finally able to pick up my car in the morning! I do have to say, I was hooked up with a pretty sweet rental - a 3.7-liter V6 2014 Lincoln MKZ. It definitely got out of its own way. (300 hp but a total tank). The paddle shifters weren't so responsive, but it's not a Lambo! Other than the strange shifting buttons on the center dashboard, I can't complain at all!

The best was when I would roll up next to other MKZs and would see 60 year old dudes that looked at me all confused. Definitely not the same community as awesome Subaru drivers!

Nice!
    Post some pics when you get it back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.