2015 WRX fuel shutoff at 115mph??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX fuel shutoff at 115mph?? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys and gals? This is my first post here after reading here for quite some time. So i ...

2015 WRX fuel shutoff at 115mph??

Whats up guys and gals? This is my first post here after reading here for quite some time.
    So i just bought a 15 WRX picking it up tomorrow 6/21/14, i read on Subaru Globals website that the car is limited from the factory at 215 kph/133 mph. So i called Subaru Of America to double check this info amd was told by the customer service lady that the brand new 15 WRX is limited (fuel cut off exact words) at between 110-115mph!!!!
    If this is true im going to be pissed the hell off. My current family car that isnt even a sports car isnt even neutered that badly!
    Does anyone have evidence or proof otherwise. Some sites say 130, others 142 and one says 155. Please help me if anyone has experienced otherwise or been told from credible sources otherwise.
    Thanks,
    The new guy
    Jeremy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya id like to know also

I dont know of any sports cars in the US limited to 110-115mph. If true it will really spoil some of my excitment about this car, and i dont plan on doing any ecu tuning or mapping fresh out of the gate so this is pretty important for me to find out before tomorrow morning. If true i may cancel my order and grab the WRB 15 STI thats on the lot instead.

For "public" safety it would be good, "tracking" bad.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I Support ClubWRX
    If Subaru of America told you so, I would take it as true -- whether it's true or not isn't really relevant. Confirm and if they insist, don't buy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Does anyone who owns this car know the answer?
    I Called COBB in Texas a few minutes ago, and their engineers told me that they THINK the 6sp 15 has a fuel cut off at 142mph. That would be a hell of a lot more reasonable for a car thats supposed to be rally/sports car. Hell, my grandmothers minivan can top 110! Thats just plain BS!
    Please someone who owns a 15 WRX weigh in.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would be extremely shocked if it was really limited to 115mph. Kunal...go out and verify this

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I would be extremely shocked if it was really limited to 115mph. Kunal...go out and verify this
    Me too! And extremely depressed if this is confirmed. I hope someone pulls through with a yay or nay before 10am tomorrow morning.
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockup1109 View Post
    Me too! And extremely depressed if this is confirmed. I hope someone pulls through with a yay or nay before 10am tomorrow morning.
    Thanks guys.
    I have been over 120... Can't confirm for you where it limits however.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimChaos View Post
    I have been over 120... Can't confirm for you where it limits however.
    THANKYOU! Obviously the girl at subaru of america didnt know the correct answer. I couldnt imagine it being limited to 110-115. Just crazy talk. Now to determine if its 130/133/142 or 155 lol.

Grim,
    How do you like the car? Handling, acceleration, responsiveness ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Lockup1109 View Post
    Grim,
    How do you like the car? Handling, acceleration, responsiveness ect...
    Love it, but am coming from a Mitsubishi Lancer so you may want to test drive it and decide for yourself. The WRX feels like it's on rails cornering and I enjoy every minute of driving it . Great car in every aspect imo, but can't wait to mod it lol.

Nice! Good luck with it. I test drove it but only around the block (residential). Picking it up tomorrow morning. Ill let ya know what i think about it. Glad to hear you like yours!

Grim,
    Reading your post just renewed my "little kid on xmas who cant sleep" feeling about picking it up in the morning! Thanks brotha. Post a few pics up of yours id love to see it. I will be sure to post some of mine up tomorrow.

My guess is she got confused between the JDM as US versions. JDM cars are limited to around 190kph (118mph) but most speedometers only display up to 180kph (112mph) since that was the limit prior to 2004.

Sent via sorcery
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast