What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; some stuff I found after owning it for a month. - I dont like the fact that I have to ...

What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ?

some stuff I found after owning it for a month.

- I dont like the fact that I have to wait 5 seconds for the glove box to open.. It has that weird auto open actuator thing so if I pull it down quick, the glovebox door goes back up again and slowly comes down.

- I cannot open the trunk with trunk button if I dont have the keys

-Nav Touch targets are awful, I have to press top portion of the button to get it pressed. Also Resistive touch screen in 2015 vehicle??? had to cheap out so much not to use capacitive touch screens?
    Last edited by wkqkqkfk; 06-17-2014 at 11:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

- radio head unit sucks
    - not too many storage compartments
    - automatic climate control always turns the AC on

-More HP please
    -No wide body influence
    -STI Seats dont hug you like a performance car should.
    -Exterior looks soft
    -Exterior looks bland
    -No aggressive appearance other than the front headlights.
    -The rear end looks like a Honda Civic.
    -Spoiler not proportionate with roof line.
    -Stock WRX wheels are ugly. STI wheels better.
    -NO FA engine for STI
    -Not sexy enough like the concept.(Granted, concepts never really make it to production)
    -Def. not an ugly car by any means. Just disappointed with the above mentioned or else Mamoru Ishii wouldn't have addressed what he did below.
    (Apparently feedback got to SUBARU) "Real Quick"

Additionally...Source: HOJ

Many were disappointed when the latest generation Subaru WRX STI was revealed. Undoubtedly it’s the best WRX STI ever in terms of performance, but design-wise we were expecting something better. Something as in that sweet WRX Concept first displayed at New York last year. Fortunately, it appears that Subaru might, just might, have gotten the message from fans. According to a new report from Motoring, that concept’s aggressive styling may not be completely dead in the water. Subaru chief designer Mamoru Ishii has hinted that the concept’s styling could in fact reach production in the next-generation Impreza, due to arrive in 2016. And as we all know, the Impreza serves as the basis of the WRX STI. Ishii stated that "Yes, we have taken the next-generation Impreza’s design in a new direction that we are sure will excite the marketplace. We are planning to give the lower section below the hip line a wider, more substantial stance and narrow up the roof section."
    So could this be the beginning of sexy Subaru design? Possibly. Then again, Subaru has a habit of revealing great-looking concepts and bland production versions. Let’s hope this habit is coming to an end.
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 06-17-2014 at 12:33 PM.

(WRX)
    - More power required stock
    - People thinking it looks like a Civic when it doesn't
    - not enough space in the foot-well for my right foot
    - slower than preferred throttle response
    - No LSDs! (I didn't check the STI option box, LOL)

Limited WRX
    -Glove box takes a long time to open
    -Cup holders in between the center arm rest and the shifter. No tall bottles allowed!
    -No trunk open button at the trunk
    -AC is always on when in auto
    -MPG displayed everywhere you look
    -Location of Kicker subwoofer doesn't allow me to have two bags of golf clubs in the trunk unless the seat is folded down
    -No center fold down cup holder in the back seat. Although this is only a problem for the passengers!
    -I would like the gas filler on the drivers side
    -Only one device can be stored for the Bluetooth. I may not understand Bluetooth completely!
    -Center arm rest and parking brake boot materials don't match the rest of the car's material

I know some or most of these points are terribly unimportant, just trying to think of everything I could. Love the car, even with all of the quirks!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    (WRX)
    - More power required stock
    - People thinking it looks like a Civic when it doesn't
    - not enough space in the foot-well for my right foot
    - slower than preferred throttle response
    - No LSDs! (I didn't check the STI option box, LOL)
    "Look at that idiot with the hoodscoop on his civic, or is that a corolla? Oh its a wrx? Why's it so slow?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerdozer View Post
    -Only one device can be stored for the Bluetooth. I may not understand Bluetooth completely!
    Do you mean that once device can be paired at a time.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I have a 2015 wrx limited and the phone keeps on disconecting and connecting even when I am in the middle of a conversation, very annoying.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    - Needs 40 more HP
    - Radio sub-par
    - 1" lower
    - different wheels
    - No wagon
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

The sound system is really bad, but maybe I'm a spoiled audiophile. Anybody have any advice for equalizer settings? Also, Can some give me a really rough ballpark estimate for upgrading the speakers to something quality?

Also, everyone is saying the seats are really nice, but they're just OK IMO. Again, maybe I'm just spoiled or they aren't broken in yet.

I have had my WRX for about a week now and have about 200 miles on it.. things I don't like:

-Stock radio/speakers suck, but I listen to music in the car about 2% of the time, so this doesn't bother me.
    -Not all that fond of the stock wheels, but I am too poor to afford new ones, so I will have to get used to them.
    -Lags or bogs down or hesitates when upshifting, I think I just need to get used to it and learn it better.
    -Could always use more HP.

Honestly though, it is much more refined feeling than my 2013 WRX and the seats fit much tighter than the 13 as well (both base models).

I Support ClubWRX
    Needs moar hatch

I wish there was a hatch, but I'm OK with a sedan. Should be here in 3 weeks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

- If I have the driver side window even slightly open on rainy days, water drips in. I will get a set of window visors soon.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    STi:

- Poor fuel economy
    - Laggy
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.