What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 145

This is a discussion on What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Raven Logics Typically people start rolling back at the point where they start moving. I tend to ...

  1. #121
    Registered User BaconRaygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Typically people start rolling back at the point where they start moving. I tend to get into gear as I see two or three cars in front start to move.
    Right, I do the same... but think about it, how long would it take you to take the car out of gear? IMO, if you are worried about somebody rolling back into you before you either take it out of gear or hill assist turns itself off (I believe its only on for 1.5 seconds) then you are probably pulling too close to the car in front of you anyway.

    I get your point (and by all means if you hate it then its your choice), I just don't think the rolling back scenario is a very good argument against hill assist.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122
    Registered User Raven Logics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
    ... then you are probably pulling too close to the car in front of you anyway
    Strangely I keep my distance more than most in my area when driving, but I do pull up close when stopped. Anyway, my repsonse is more about the hypothetical argument - I always believe that any assisted feature which might interfere with a good driver's ability potentially makes a car less safe. We should be improving people's awareness and skills instead of fixing cars to compensate for bad drivers.

  4. #123
    Registered User BaconRaygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Strangely I keep my distance more than most in my area when driving, but I do pull up close when stopped. Anyway, my repsonse is more about the hypothetical argument - I always believe that any assisted feature which might interfere with a good driver's ability potentially makes a car less safe. We should be improving people's awareness and skills instead of fixing cars to compensate for bad drivers.
    And I agree 100% with that, I have even had the conversation three times (with three different people) in the past week... primarily mechanisms such as lane assist and the auto-break feature meant to 'keep you from rear ending somebody' because you were just not paying attention.

    I however don't consider hill assist as being in this category at all, and I too have been driving a standard for over 10 years. It is just a convenience feature, it doesn't exactly create bad habits (like making one not worry about situational awareness because you know the car will just stop itself).

    Maybe I don't mind the feature because I don't pull up close to people when I'm stopped (especially on a hill), or maybe its because I never had any issue with the feature like some of you guys have.

    Anyway, lets not derail this topic any further, I guess its a love it or hate it feature.

  5. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15
    What's wrong with hill assist? I loved it in my last Subaru. There are nothing but hills where I live and I used the feature quite often. It's especially useful when pulling out on a snowy hilltop. The only time I recall anything unpredictable (which became predictable) was if I parked my car on a slight incline, under the normal inclination threshold to activate it, for several hours. Then It would hold the brake for a moment, once.

  6. #125
    Registered User gizmo0034's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    evanston, il
    Posts
    320
    I Support ClubWRX
    Before my move to the midwest, I was driving manuals in the hilly Pittsburgh. Never really had a problem on hills but would always get nervous when people in automatics tailgated me on the steep hills. In a fwd car this was annoying because you get less traction. Now that I'm in chicago where I have yet to see a hill, I have hill assist. It does mess with your head when it activates on a slight incline, but I don't really see it as a negative.

  7. #126
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    Hey guys I don't own a '15 yet. but I am looking at a '15 STI. do the new '15'shave auto locking doors? as in like every other car from about 2000 on up when you put it in 1st and start to roll forward your doors auto lock. in my '13 they don't. just wondering if Subaru finally fixed that or not.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

    Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

  8. #127
    Registered User Goose42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    381
    My 15 premium WRX does not, not sure about the other variants.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

    Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

  9. #128
    mrd
    mrd is offline
    Registered User mrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Livermore,CA
    Posts
    185
    Subaru doesn't do that. None of their cars had this so far.

  10. #129
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    17,130
    I Support ClubWRX
    I do not like paying for this car.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

  11. #130
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I do not like paying for this car.
    Should have just paid in full.

  12. #131
    Registered User TimbersWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    Hey guys I don't own a '15 yet. but I am looking at a '15 STI. do the new '15'shave auto locking doors? as in like every other car from about 2000 on up when you put it in 1st and start to roll forward your doors auto lock. in my '13 they don't. just wondering if Subaru finally fixed that or not.
    No, Subabru doesn't do this. It's one of the things I like about them, they don't automate things that don't need to be automated. Auto locking doors and one touch lane change signals are things that are only a pain to deal with most of the time. If I want my doors locked, I hit the one button that locks them all at once, not difficult at all.

  13. #132
    Registered User TimbersWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    Hey guys I don't own a '15 yet. but I am looking at a '15 STI. do the new '15'shave auto locking doors? as in like every other car from about 2000 on up when you put it in 1st and start to roll forward your doors auto lock. in my '13 they don't. just wondering if Subaru finally fixed that or not.
    No, Subabru doesn't do this. It's one of the things I like about them, they don't automate things that don't need to be automated. Auto locking doors and one touch lane change signals are things that are only a pain to deal with most of the time. If I want my doors locked, I hit the one button that locks them all at once, not difficult at all.

  14. #133
    Registered User Bontchimuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirurg80 View Post
    I hate this, it looks so silly and cheap, just to have a plug, expected more from Subaru.Attachment 156305
    Are you F$%king kidding me? That cant be how they sold cars with push button start......cant it?

  15. #134
    Registered User Bontchimuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Posts
    136
    In reality, I think I almost prefer to take a key and turn the car on "old school" than have push button start.....am I the only one?

  16. #135
    Registered User BaconRaygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bontchimuz View Post
    In reality, I think I almost prefer to take a key and turn the car on "old school" than have push button start.....am I the only one?
    No, I'm with you man!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •