What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Hirurg80 I hate this, it looks so silly and cheap, just to have a plug, expected more ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hirurg80 View Post
    I hate this, it looks so silly and cheap, just to have a plug, expected more from Subaru.Attachment 156305
    Wow! Is that home the limited with Keyless come from the factory?!? I know the aftermarket solution looks like that but if my $33k Limited comes looking like that I'll be pissed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What the hell? Have to admit, that is pretty disappointing to see. Are they really all like that?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Nice hole.
    Perfect spot for Kleenex.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Zackb911 View Post
    Wow! Is that home the limited with Keyless come from the factory?!? I know the aftermarket solution looks like that but if my $33k Limited comes looking like that I'll be pissed!
    Get ready to be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    Perfect spot for Kleenex.
    Was thinking the same thing when found it.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    What the hell? Have to admit, that is pretty disappointing to see. Are they really all like that?
    Looks like it . Just checked YouTube video from subispeed with the red push button install for STi and their car had the same stupid looking plug.

First and foremost thing I dislike is that my cars extended cranking problem has landed it in the shop for 11 days now . Just bought it June 19th . Maybe some time next week I will have it back . New model blues , yada yada yada .

I have the non opening fuel door issue as well . Those parts should be here tomorrow .

Things I knew I disliked when I bought the car but bought the car anyway

The gauges are too small and the red backlighting does not have enough contrast . It looks cool but they are worthless unless you take your eyes off the road to get a better look . A larger center tach like last years model would be much better .

Cheap interior materials especially the door panels .

The stock audio system is only adequate for NPR . I'm fine with it though because I'd rather pay attention to my surroundings . " My home system will scare 95% of the population so I have that when I feel the need ."

The shifter ratios are too short making it a pain for urban commuting . First to second is like a blink of the eye .

Interior dome light is weak .

Placing the key into the ignition or glove box is not smooth . Perhaps it will get better with time .

Rear seat headrests decrease outward visibility and are distracting when changing lanes . " Yes I know they can be removed ."

The horn is crazy weak ! I will be looking to upgrade that .

No coin box . The fuse panel door would have been a great place to put one . I will be purchasing the ashtray option for my change . I work in the city and play parking meter roulette when I'm lucky enough to find a space .

No front vanity plate mount . You have to purchase this as an accessory . Are they standard in states that require you to have a front plate ?

Did I mention the stock audio system Suuucks ?

The car has not been in my possession for past 11 days so that's all I can think of for now . I love driving it and can't wait to get it back .
    Last edited by WPuckhaber; 07-24-2014 at 11:05 PM.

I dislike the 1000 mile break in and thats about it

Sent by clapping two rocks together

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WPuckhaber View Post
    The shifter ratios are too short making it a pain for urban commuting . First to second is like a blink of the eye.
    It's a large 4 cylinder sedan; you have to expect short ratios. That said, the WRX has very long ratios compared to the STi. I go through 5 gears before 40mph.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

For STI Launch edition:

1. The sound system is terrible. The dash display looks primitive, the HUD only displays a few letters so you can't read full song or artist names, but that's a small gripe. The audio quality is awful. I think they just assume you will upgrade if you care. So far, I mostly listen to Exhaust FM and Road Noise AM.

2. No roof rack option, not likely to ever exist.

3. The plastic is fading on the driver side dashboard where it gets touched. The glove compartment handle is already an obvious lighter gray. Never seen anything like it.

4. Looks like no way to start the car if the key fob battery dies. I hope it indicates somehow when it is getting low!

5. No GPS option. Oh well, at least if I use the phone it won't cut out the music.

6. Maybe this will fade, but make sure you take it out of Sport Sharp if you are going to drive in reverse, especially up an incline. Clutch smell bad! Note: Could still be from breaking in.

Other than that, I really love this car.

For STI Launch edition:

1. The sound system is terrible. The dash display looks primitive, the HUD only displays a few letters so you can't read full song or artist names, but that's a small gripe. The audio quality is awful. I think they just assume you will upgrade if you care. So far, I mostly listen to Exhaust FM and Road Noise AM.

2. No roof rack option, not likely to ever exist.

3. The plastic is fading on the driver side dashboard where it gets touched. The glove compartment handle is already an obvious lighter gray. Never seen anything like it.

4. Looks like no way to start the car if the key fob battery dies. I hope it indicates somehow when it is getting low!

5. No GPS option. Oh well, at least if I use the phone it won't cut out the music.

6. Maybe this will fade, but make sure you take it out of Sport Sharp if you are going to drive in reverse, especially up an incline. Clutch smell bad! Note: Could still be from breaking in.

Other than that, I really love this car.

Quote Originally Posted by WPuckhaber View Post
    The shifter ratios are too short making it a pain for urban commuting . First to second is like a blink of the eye.
    Really? How many manual performance cars have a long first gear?

from my limited experience

82 RX7

87 mustang gt

79 toyota supra

More useful than long might be a better way to put it .

Joeypants, like this "So far, I mostly listen to Exhaust FM and Road Noise AM