What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by gizmo0034 Come on now, that is a huge generalization. Driving properly means using all of the tools ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Come on now, that is a huge generalization. Driving properly means using all of the tools you have to be observant. These notifications are not meant to replace the use of mirrors or turning your head and can be helpful for defensive driving. Had them in my MS3 and helped a couple times on the highway in quick thinking situations when I was getting cut off.
    That may be the intent, but it's not what's happening. My MIL backed into a pole because "it didn't show up in the rearview camera."
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will start by saying I love my car, and have only a few complaints. My biggest complaint are the rattles in the car. Next would be how loud the car is at speed (road noise), and how any pebble that hits the under side of the car sounds like a boulder. I understand the road noise issue is due to trying to keep the car light, so that's why I overlook it, and why I still love the car. The rattles however, are kind of getting annoying. Either way, it's a blast to drive whether it's slow, or spirited. Now the last complaint really doesn't count since it doesn't effect anything but a silly desire. It is the desire to have the boomerang light on my limited to be the DRL. Why did you not do this Subaru?!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    That may be the intent, but it's not what's happening. My MIL backed into a pole because "it didn't show up in the rearview camera."
    Again, it's intention is to make life easier, not do them for you. In the camera screen it says to "check your surroundings" . Not trying to be a devils advocate, just saying.
    2014 WRX 5DR Ice Silver Metallic. Cobb Short Shifter, Invidia Dual N1 CBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    I love back up cameras. In North GA it's very very handy and an absolutely key safety feature apparent for anyone with children.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I do too, I miss my 2013 Civic Si's back up camera...I wish my 2014 WRX came with the same standard features found on the Si. But then again, not many of us buy WRX/STi's for the backup camera and the amenities found in other cars. Nonetheless I am really glad that the new generation WRX/STi do come standard with that.

Come on now, that is a huge generalization. Driving properly means using all of the tools you have to be observant. These notifications are not meant to replace the use of mirrors or turning your head and can be helpful for defensive driving. Had them in my MS3 and helped a couple times on the highway in quick thinking situations when I was getting cut off.
    Yes, the intent is good but unfortunately there are too many who will use the tech to be lazy and not as an additional safety method. It's just my opinion like I say, but I think the blind spot monitoring should be banned. There are no circumstances when using your eyes with a shoulder check will not suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Yes, the intent is good but unfortunately there are too many who will use the tech to be lazy and not as an additional safety method. It's just my opinion like I say, but I think the blind spot monitoring should be banned. There are no circumstances when using your eyes with a shoulder check will not suffice.
    I'm with you on this. I was just having a conversation with my girlfriend and her sister about this and other aides (actually, it stemmed from the 'auto stop' feature some cars now have). They went on about how it was great because they have rear ended people in traffic, and I pointed out that in 12 years of driving I have yet to do this once... my point was, pay attention and you wont rear end anybody in traffic.

Unfortunately, we cant make people use them as supplements for their own senses, but on the other hand I cant say banning any of this is the way to go.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't own a 2015, but I can point out what i don't like.
    -Not a fan of the fake carbon trim... at all. Had a mazda3 back in 06 and it had a faux CF trim piece too, I hated it with a burning passion and ended up re-painting it body color.
    -I like how the dash is softer than the older model, but I don't like how rubbery it feels. I personally prefer the feel of my 2014 dash over the rubber... I get what they are emulating (the nice soft-ish feel of a higher end car) but I don't like the implementation. I'm sure most disagree with me on this one.
    -Not a fan of the new WRX wheels.
    -No hatch? No way...

Great car overall though, I can list 50 things I do like about it over the older generation.

EDIT: @Gizmo, never heard anybody say they miss the torque-steer of a FWD, gotta say, this is a first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
    I'm with you on this. I was just having a conversation with my girlfriend and her sister about this and other aides (actually, it stemmed from the 'auto stop' feature some cars now have). They went on about how it was great because they have rear ended people in traffic, and I pointed out that in 12 years of driving I have yet to do this once... my point was, pay attention and you wont rear end anybody in traffic.

Unfortunately, we cant make people use them as supplements for their own senses, but on the other hand I cant say banning any of this is the way to go.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't own a 2015, but I can point out what i don't like.
    -Not a fan of the fake carbon trim... at all. Had a mazda3 back in 06 and it had a faux CF trim piece too, I hated it with a burning passion and ended up re-painting it body color.
    -I like how the dash is softer than the older model, but I don't like how rubbery it feels. I personally prefer the feel of my 2014 dash over the rubber... I get what they are emulating (the nice soft-ish feel of a higher end car) but I don't like the implementation. I'm sure most disagree with me on this one.
    -Not a fan of the new WRX wheels.
    -No hatch? No way...

Great car overall though, I can list 50 things I do like about it over the older generation.

EDIT: @Gizmo, never heard anybody say they miss the torque-steer of a FWD, gotta say, this is a first for me.
    Agreeing with most of this. Not sure what they were thinking with the faux cf?!? I do not like the OEM wheels either, I have the sport package, and was allowed to keep the OEM wheels as well. I have a feeling I could have a hard time selling them. I was a bit suprised at the torque-steer comment as well, I had a 12 GTI, and will never own a fwd car again!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I Support ClubWRX
    My commute is 2 miles everyday. Torque steer was the most fun I had on my daily commute.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    With this thinking I could argue that touchscreen head units should be banned because you have to look at the screen to use them. I'd much rather teach people how to correctly us tech than stop advancing safety features.

My commute is 2 miles everyday. Torque steer was the most fun I had on my daily commute.
    I can understand that, damn that is a short commute!

With this thinking I could argue that touchscreen head units should be banned because you have to look at the screen to use them. I'd much rather teach people how to correctly us tech than stop advancing safety features.
    Until we get to the point where all cars are driving themselves

I Support ClubWRX

You need to get out more often!

Ok, I think this dead horse is getting beat pretty hard. Yes, technology will not replace good driving skills and common sense and good judgement. Nonetheless technology shouldn't be discredited either; good driving plus technology can be a great symbiosis. Let's move along.....

2 miles? You should totally get a 1000watt electric scooter.