This is a discussion on What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax STi: - Poor fuel economy - Laggy really? you bought an STi and are complaining/mentioning poor ...
2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)
Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
Facebook me here
Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/
I hear it all the time, yet I don't see it. This car gets better MPG than any other car i have owned (not including my wifes cars).
What do people consider good gas mileage? I wanted better gas mileage for road trips so i got my wife a Prius but now we use the WRX for road trips. Is 20mpg really considered bad MPG in a sports sedan?
Drive like hell, you will get there faster!
2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
My biggest complaint.
-I don't have one yet.
My "Build" Thread!
2015 VW GTI
2006 WRX TR - SOLD
Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!
I don't like the tiny tiny tiny tiny twinge of guilt I almost get because I'm smiling on my commute/drives while most other poor schlubs don't get to have nearly as much fun motoring about.
I also don't like that the homelink garage door opener doesn't work when the engine is off.
Oh and all the hot women throwing themselves at me constantly day after day after day... it gets old sometimes. (that may not be due to the car but that's my excuse anyway) It's the price you pay though to be me and drive a crazy fun STi.
-The J 𒂼𒄄
"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC
LOVE the '15 wrx in base form I've had for a week.
The couple of downsides I've noticed so far are mostly in the somewhat odd setup of the interior. Material and build quality are good but the HVAC controls are pretty weird and not intuitive, stock stereo is genuinely really bad, the display and interface of the stereo isn't great and is a little unnatural. Driving-wise I'm pretty in love with the car but it does seem to understeer starting at maybe 8/10ths and doesn't seem as comfortable at the limits as I'd expect.
It's still probably my favorite car to drive I've ever driven (including corvettes, an evo, an M3, a Caterham, miatas).
While I like the car and think it is impossible to find a better value for what you get, there are some things that I've noticed. Most of these I can live with but I wanted to list everything for the potential owners who are considering buying.
1. e-brake boot is terrible. I've never noticed the brake boot in any of my previous cars nor have I had the desire to change it for aesthetic reasons. But I think this WRX boot will need to be replaced.
2. The tail lights are a bit too red and wrap around the side of the car. I think this looks fine on all colors except the GBP. Looking into overlays, but most are too dark for my tastes.
3. Airbag warning stickers on the sun visors. I just wish they would have put them on the other side of the visor so they're hidden most of the time.
4. Driver's side foot well space. It's lacking for the size of the car, especially on the gas pedal side. I wear a size 14 and can imagine it getting pretty uncomfortable on long drives.
5. Side mirrors are lacking a blind spot notification. It's a pretty simple thing to have and can really help safety.
6. Glossy finish on carbon fiber trim.
7. Kicker sub installation is not as seamless as I would have liked. It looks like a poorly fitted box held in place with a bolt. Shame on me for not really researching what it looked like before buying, otherwise I would have just installed an underseat powered sub. Dont need the crazy boom-boom just the depth. Also, no manual control of the kicker sub from driver's seat.
8. More speakers would have been nice. Still haven't been able to get the staging the way I'd like, but I'm not expert in this field.
9. The accelerator pedal feel. Not sure what to call this, non-linear pedal acceleration or whatever. For example, when you push depress the pedal by 10% and get 60% throttle. It makes it feel like a faster car, but is very sensitive when you try to shift and hit a random bump in the road.
10. No way to open the trunk manually? Not sure if this is true so please correct me if I'm wrong. I see no mechanical latch to open the truck in case your car battery dies.
11. No roof rack mounting points. This was just a stupid design decision that I can't comprehend.
12. Gas door does not open very much on my first fill up. When I pulled the latch from the drivers seat, the door unlocked but did not spring open. Had to stick my nails in to encourage it to open.
13. Shark fin antenna. It's much taller than I was expecting when I saw the car in person for the first time.
14. The fact that I miss some of the rawness of the mazdaspeed 3. I miss the torque steer and the lag right before the turbo kicked in and threw your head back because you were not expecting it. The WRX is as advertised, the power delivery happens at the low RPM and there are no surprises. Guess I just miss some of the kicks that come from a less refined car. Come winter and I will miss them a little less.
Last edited by gizmo0034; 06-28-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Don't think I've read anyone mention this. I'm not going to go all internet NASIOC snarky on you.Side mirrors are lacking a blind spot notification. It's a pretty simple thing to have and can really help safety.
2014 WRX 5DR Ice Silver Metallic. Cobb Short Shifter, Invidia Dual N1 CBE.