What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on What DON'T you like about 2015 WRX/STI ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax STi: - Poor fuel economy - Laggy really? you bought an STi and are complaining/mentioning poor ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    STi:

- Poor fuel economy
    - Laggy
    really? you bought an STi and are complaining/mentioning poor fuel economy as an issue? come on man.

laggy because its the old boring EJ engine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    really? you bought an STi and are complaining/mentioning poor fuel economy as an issue? come on man.

laggy because its the old boring EJ engine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    No, its laggy because of the **** stock map Subaru uses, which is actually not very safe for the motor. I call it "stock knock". Go stage 1 and your lag problems are pretty much fixed.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by disqimation View Post
    No, its laggy because of the **** stock map Subaru uses, which is actually not very safe for the motor. I call it "stock knock". Go stage 1 and your lag problems are pretty much fixed.
    Oh yes. An expert has arrived!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    STi:

- Poor fuel economy
    - Laggy
    Never buy a big 4x4 if you think the STi has poor MPG lol.

I hear it all the time, yet I don't see it. This car gets better MPG than any other car i have owned (not including my wifes cars).
    What do people consider good gas mileage? I wanted better gas mileage for road trips so i got my wife a Prius but now we use the WRX for road trips. Is 20mpg really considered bad MPG in a sports sedan?

Stock hu.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Needs moar hatch
    This. The primary reason I went with a 2014 over a 15', and I'd rather wait to have you kind folks test out any kinks with the new WRX . Five doors, more *****s :P
    2014 WRX 5DR Ice Silver Metallic. Cobb Short Shifter, Invidia Dual N1 CBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    My biggest complaint.

-I don't have one yet.

GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't like the tiny tiny tiny tiny twinge of guilt I almost get because I'm smiling on my commute/drives while most other poor schlubs don't get to have nearly as much fun motoring about.
    I also don't like that the homelink garage door opener doesn't work when the engine is off.

Oh and all the hot women throwing themselves at me constantly day after day after day... it gets old sometimes. (that may not be due to the car but that's my excuse anyway) It's the price you pay though to be me and drive a crazy fun STi.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

LOVE the '15 wrx in base form I've had for a week.
    The couple of downsides I've noticed so far are mostly in the somewhat odd setup of the interior. Material and build quality are good but the HVAC controls are pretty weird and not intuitive, stock stereo is genuinely really bad, the display and interface of the stereo isn't great and is a little unnatural. Driving-wise I'm pretty in love with the car but it does seem to understeer starting at maybe 8/10ths and doesn't seem as comfortable at the limits as I'd expect.
    It's still probably my favorite car to drive I've ever driven (including corvettes, an evo, an M3, a Caterham, miatas).

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    My biggest complaint.

-I don't have one yet.

LMAO You haven't even ordered one yet. At least I have done that part

Ordered: May 24th
    ETA: September

:sad:

I Support ClubWRX
    While I like the car and think it is impossible to find a better value for what you get, there are some things that I've noticed. Most of these I can live with but I wanted to list everything for the potential owners who are considering buying.

1. e-brake boot is terrible. I've never noticed the brake boot in any of my previous cars nor have I had the desire to change it for aesthetic reasons. But I think this WRX boot will need to be replaced.

2. The tail lights are a bit too red and wrap around the side of the car. I think this looks fine on all colors except the GBP. Looking into overlays, but most are too dark for my tastes.

3. Airbag warning stickers on the sun visors. I just wish they would have put them on the other side of the visor so they're hidden most of the time.

4. Driver's side foot well space. It's lacking for the size of the car, especially on the gas pedal side. I wear a size 14 and can imagine it getting pretty uncomfortable on long drives.

5. Side mirrors are lacking a blind spot notification. It's a pretty simple thing to have and can really help safety.

6. Glossy finish on carbon fiber trim.

7. Kicker sub installation is not as seamless as I would have liked. It looks like a poorly fitted box held in place with a bolt. Shame on me for not really researching what it looked like before buying, otherwise I would have just installed an underseat powered sub. Dont need the crazy boom-boom just the depth. Also, no manual control of the kicker sub from driver's seat.

8. More speakers would have been nice. Still haven't been able to get the staging the way I'd like, but I'm not expert in this field.

9. The accelerator pedal feel. Not sure what to call this, non-linear pedal acceleration or whatever. For example, when you push depress the pedal by 10% and get 60% throttle. It makes it feel like a faster car, but is very sensitive when you try to shift and hit a random bump in the road.

10. No way to open the trunk manually? Not sure if this is true so please correct me if I'm wrong. I see no mechanical latch to open the truck in case your car battery dies.

11. No roof rack mounting points. This was just a stupid design decision that I can't comprehend.

12. Gas door does not open very much on my first fill up. When I pulled the latch from the drivers seat, the door unlocked but did not spring open. Had to stick my nails in to encourage it to open.

13. Shark fin antenna. It's much taller than I was expecting when I saw the car in person for the first time.

14. The fact that I miss some of the rawness of the mazdaspeed 3. I miss the torque steer and the lag right before the turbo kicked in and threw your head back because you were not expecting it. The WRX is as advertised, the power delivery happens at the low RPM and there are no surprises. Guess I just miss some of the kicks that come from a less refined car. Come winter and I will miss them a little less.
    Last edited by gizmo0034; 06-28-2014 at 05:18 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Side mirrors are lacking a blind spot notification. It's a pretty simple thing to have and can really help safety.
    Don't think I've read anyone mention this. I'm not going to go all internet NASIOC snarky on you.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    5. Side mirrors are lacking a blind spot notification. It's a pretty simple thing to have and can really help safety.
    In my experience this encourages people to become less aware of what is around them as they rely on the tech instead of their eyes. When test driving SUVs for my wife this year even she noticed that she fell into this habit really quickly. My opinion is that people should learn to drive properly - a simple blind spot system is not going to tell you if someone is already about to merge into a lane until it's too late, not is it going to tell you if a vehicle already in that lane is approaching at speed. If anything it creates more danger. The only people it really helps are those who don't use their mirrors at all.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    In my experience this encourages people to become less aware of what is around them as they rely on the tech instead of their eyes. When test driving SUVs for my wife this year even she noticed that she fell into this habit really quickly. My opinion is that people should learn to drive properly - a simple blind spot system is not going to tell you if someone is already about to merge into a lane until it's too late, not is it going to tell you if a vehicle already in that lane is approaching at speed. If anything it creates more danger. The only people it really helps are those who don't use their mirrors at all.
    Come on now, that is a huge generalization. Driving properly means using all of the tools you have to be observant. These notifications are not meant to replace the use of mirrors or turning your head and can be helpful for defensive driving. Had them in my MS3 and helped a couple times on the highway in quick thinking situations when I was getting cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Come on now, that is a huge generalization. Driving properly means using all of the tools you have to be observant. These notifications are not meant to replace the use of mirrors or turning your head and can be helpful for defensive driving. Had them in my MS3 and helped a couple times on the highway in quick thinking situations when I was getting cut off.
    I agree with you on this matter, although there is no tech (as of today) that can replace human judgement, it is important to fully utilize all that's available in today's world to assist in driving. Also kudos on your review, my wife wants to get a wrx after being in mine, so this is helpful since mine is a 14'.
    2014 WRX 5DR Ice Silver Metallic. Cobb Short Shifter, Invidia Dual N1 CBE.