i need help with general 2006 wrx mod quesions.

This is a discussion on i need help with general 2006 wrx mod quesions. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys im new to this club and also new to wrx's as a whole, so i guess ill just ...

i need help with general 2006 wrx mod quesions.

Hey guys im new to this club and also new to wrx's as a whole,
    so i guess ill just start from the beginning. iv been looking for a wrx for a long time and i think i found one today, it is a 2006 2.5L wrx it has 107,000 miles but is extremely clean and well taken care of it has had 2 owners and everything checks out on carfax and like sites. i noticed it had a few minimal mods like a cobb 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 (not exactly sure but i know its under 3'' so it didnt really worry me) intake and a blow off valve (dont remember exactly which one the guy told me but i forgot im waiting to hear back from him on the specifics) it also has 3'' exhaust but still has the stock down pipe and mid pipe so i was told that i didn't have to worry about it hurting anything sense its not tuned (as far as i know). it also seems to have a short throw shift kit. the car is extremely clean and drives flawlessly but i am not an expert by any means so i wanted to see if anyone on here sees any red flags as far as the mods go. am i going to have problems down the road? is it hurting anything the way it is set up? and just any general info for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. i plan on getting a new down pipe and having it tuned later on but i want to be sure it sounds ok for the time between now and then. thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The BOV needs to be removed and you should ask if the timing belt, 90k mile service and clutch have been done.

Those are all pretty expensive services that would need to be done if they haven't already,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    The BOV needs to be removed and you should ask if the timing belt, 90k mile service and clutch have been done.

Those are all pretty expensive services that would need to be done if they haven't already,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Told ya so

Intake and BoV usually require a tune put stock BoV back on and get an accessport for the intake.

Hey guys is there any way to see if the clutch has been done other than trying to find it in the record (car fax or something like that)

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What's a "cobb 2 1/2 or 2 3/4"?

Beware that the engine could possibly be damaged from running an intake without a proper tune.

Quote Originally Posted by guyguy1009 View Post
    Hey guys is there any way to see if the clutch has been done other than trying to find it in the record (car fax or something like that)

You can unbolt the transmission and take a look.. but that's some work.

Ok thanks for the feed back. I assume the only way to figure out if it's been tuned is to get it tuned huh lol?

I was referring to the width of the intake. I was told if it wasent 3" then I didn't have to worry about it hurting anything.