How are 2015 owners liking their cars? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on How are 2015 owners liking their cars? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru I have only had mine for 2 days and have about 50 miles on it, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    I have only had mine for 2 days and have about 50 miles on it, but so far I LOVE it. I feel like it is a bit slower than my 2013 WRX but I haven't really gotten on it hard at all yet because of the break in period.. It does handle SO well though! Super fun to drive.
    I've also only put on about 50 miles. I love it but having to break it in along with sucking at stick forces me to drive like a grandma. I hope that when I get smoother it gets way better. It's going to be a long 1000 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by boofi View Post
    I've also only put on about 50 miles. I love it but having to break it in along with sucking at stick forces me to drive like a grandma. I hope that when I get smoother it gets way better. It's going to be a long 1000 miles.
    I'm sure your 1,000 will be exactly the same distance as everyone else's 1,000 miles

Hang in there...as you get better at shifting the car will be more fun. Before you know it you will be rowing through the gears like a pro!

Less then a week in, love the car, but hate the brake in period.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    I have only had mine for 2 days and have about 50 miles on it, but so far I LOVE it. I feel like it is a bit slower than my 2013 WRX but I haven't really gotten on it hard at all yet because of the break in period.. It does handle SO well though! Super fun to drive.
    Interesting that it feels slower. My impression is that with the aggressive non-linear throttle response (gimmicky IMO), coupled with the gutsy lower rpm power band courtesy the twin scroll turbo, the 2015s "feel" much faster. Anyways, get out there and put those miles on it!!

Love mine about 2000miles on her. I think it revs faster and handles much better than my previous STi's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trama View Post
    Interesting that it feels slower. My impression is that with the aggressive non-linear throttle response (gimmicky IMO), coupled with the gutsy lower rpm power band courtesy the twin scroll turbo, the 2015s "feel" much faster. Anyways, get out there and put those miles on it!!
    The 15 has a smoother acceleration curve rather than a more intense boost so is likely to feel slower. Oh, and it is slower as well.

I know I love the way it looks. But I haven't driven it yet, because I am still in Afghanistan. My wife is a great woman for buying it while I was away. But soon!! However I do think the Carbon Fiber trim is a little cheesy.
    2015 Subaru WRX (Base) - WRB
    o Fog light kit
    o Short throw shifter

2013 Subaru Imprezza - Maroon

Really love this car. Drove subies before but this is the first to own and damn is it good. And the interior is amazing too compared to previous ones. Carbon fiber trim is not bad imo. I think it looks ok. Suspension is amazing and for those that dont upgrade will be fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    The 15 has a smoother acceleration curve rather than a more intense boost so is likely to feel slower. Oh, and it is slower as well.
    As in 0-60? It kinda feels like a V6 or something, the way it goes hard with feathered throttle. I've had plenty of turbo cars that felt like there was nothing under the hood, until the whooosh! But really, slower, faster, I dunno, it has so many improvements that I don't really care about the 0-60.

Amazing car!!!! I enjoy every day that I get to drive it no better bang for your buck. Plus the aftermarket is so huge, you will never run out of things to do to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

As in 0-60? It kinda feels like a V6 or something, the way it goes hard with feathered throttle. I've had plenty of turbo cars that felt like there was nothing under the hood, until the whooosh! But really, slower, faster, I dunno, it has so many improvements that I don't really care about the 0-60.
    You said it felt faster than the '13, but have you driven one from that year? It doesn't feel like there is nothing under the hood at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    You said it felt faster than the '13, but have you driven one from that year? It doesn't feel like there is nothing under the hood at all.
    This is my last post on this hopefully! Didnt say the '13 felt like there was nothing under the hood. With 50 miles of easy break-in driving, I don't really know how to respond an opinion as to one feeling faster than the other, just throwing out the thoughts that, if anything, the '15 feel faster to me because of the throttle, twin scroll, etc. On this note, the 15s don't deliver on the promise felt at the lower end when you do floor it. No big rubber band effect because of the curve you mentioned. I've driven cars that were really fast and they certainly didn't "feel" fast around town haha. NPRs Click and Clack refer to the worst of those that do as having "The Excitement Package", when you are going 45mph and feel like at any moment you might fly off the roadway. So anyways, IMO the new 2.0L is tuned for everyday scrapping around quite nicely with no surprises. Maybe less fun to some because of that?

This is a fantastic car. I have only driven about 1200 miles so far but am impressed with the handling. I am living the dream!

...So anyways, IMO the new 2.0L is tuned for everyday scrapping around quite nicely with no surprises. Maybe less fun to some because of that?
    LOL, nowhere did I say it was less fun... if I thought that I would have bought an older model year

I guess what I mean is that in the '15, 30% throttle and 100% throttle feel the exact same, which is kind of odd.. not really sure how to explain it, but I feel like my '13 WRX powered up further along the throttle... HOWEVER, I am still in LOVE with the '15 and would definitely not go back.. it is still plenty fast, and literally everything about it is better than my '13 was except for the sexy ass of the '13 hatchback and some of the speed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast