Impreza not a WRX 2015
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Impreza not a WRX 2015 within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; General Question.. but I am new to Subaru and am debating about the new WRX. I read somewhere that its ...

Impreza not a WRX 2015

General Question.. but I am new to Subaru and am debating about the new WRX.

I read somewhere that its no longer referred to as the Impreza WRX -- shouldn't it (2015) have its own topic subforum to distinguish this new gen ?

just wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Nope.. still the Subaru Impreza WRX according to Subaru WRX | The New 2015 WRX.

It would be a little ridiculous to create a sub forum for every different model of car Subaru makes anyways.

I checked the dealer again and they said the 2015 is not an impreza WRX anymore - just WRX. Anyways, small details but wondering why the new generation wouldn't have its own sub forum since it seems to be very different from the 2014 for example. new machine, new questions .

The 04-05 was different from the 02-03.. then the 06-07 was different from the 04-05, different looks, different engine. Then in 08 the turbo configuration was changed, as well as the chassis and the suspension.. Basically every other year the car is a new machine. And I haven't seen very many new questions, a lot of the same old questions that were being asked in 2002 are still popping up today about the 2015.. and most of the answers are still the same. It makes more sense to me to ask and answer the question in on or two places, then have a bunch of different places for people to keep asking the same questions. A lot of people don't go into different subforums much, so if you asked a question in a 2015 sub forum you might only have a dozen people look at it and no answers.. where as, if you asked it in a 02-15 forum hundreds of people would see it and have a lot more answers.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by rikdrt1 View Post
    General Question.. but I am new to Subaru and am debating about the new WRX.

I read somewhere that its no longer referred to as the Impreza WRX -- shouldn't it (2015) have its own topic subforum to distinguish this new gen ?

just wondering.
    Nah.

Although there should be a new subforum for FA20 tech.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Although there should be a new subforum for FA20 tech.

Yeah, I could get down with that. FA20 specific questions/issues.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.