2016 WRX ??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2016 WRX ?? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am planning on buying a 15' WRX at the end of the year when I just finished reading ...

2016 WRX ??

So I am planning on buying a 15' WRX at the end of the year when I just finished reading this article...

2016 Subaru Impreza and next WRX could get WRX Concept design lines - See more at: 2016 Subaru Impreza and next WRX could get WRX Concept design lines - Torque News

So wtf... Do you think the2015's will be a one model year? I don't want to order a 15 if they are going to change the design 1 year later, it seems like normally models stay pretty close 4 years at a time before a body change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I highly doubt they will make the 15 a single model year design but if they do it would just make it that much more rare and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Traitor View Post
    I highly doubt they will make the 15 a single model year design but if they do it would just make it that much more rare and cool.
    lol... That's a good point and owning a 1 model year would be cool too... Haha

From the article:
    According to an interview with Subaru’s chief designer, Mamoru Ishii, he has told the Australian auto website that “the lauded concept's sporty, aggressive stance will indeed reach production and is due to appear on the all-new Impreza due in 2016, and the WRX that will follow.”
    To me, if the design is going on sale as the Impreza in 2016, it will be a 2017 model year. It also says that the WRX "will follow". The question here is when will the WRX follow… The 2015 WRX is based on the design of the 2012 Impreza, correct? If a similar time period passes before the WRX arrives with the new design, it wouldn't come out until a few years after that (2019 model year?).

Only Subaru knows the answer here, but I don't think this will be a one model year WRX.
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

I read about it. I am hoping they will update the "wider influenced" body lines and narrow the roof etc.

Until then, I cannot vision myself upgrading yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    So I am planning on buying a 15' WRX at the end of the year when I just finished reading this article...

2016 Subaru Impreza and next WRX could get WRX Concept design lines - See more at: 2016 Subaru Impreza and next WRX could get WRX Concept design lines - Torque News

So wtf... Do you think the2015's will be a one model year? I don't want to order a 15 if they are going to change the design 1 year later, it seems like normally models stay pretty close 4 years at a time before a body change.
    I noticed it's about every 5 years for manufatures and every 2-3 years a face-lift or new added bells/whistles to continue sales/public interest etc for that generation.
    However if they update major parts/design within the 5-year time I''ll upgrade for sure.

If you read the article, the quotes given from lead desinger state it's already a done deal with the ideas they have in mind. i think between the negative feedback on the new design and no hatchback from U.S. customers, they want to make a quick change. Now... if that means just minor tweaks to the body, or a complete overhaul I'm not sure based on the link provided.

14' hatches and 15 WRX/Sti will be worth a whole lot 10-20 years from now if this is the case. It sounds like they want to keep hatches strictly an Impreza thing in an effort to really seperate itself from the WRX look.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyoplasm View Post
    If you read the article, the quotes given from lead desinger state it's already a done deal with the ideas they have in mind. i think between the negative feedback on the new design and no hatchback from U.S. customers, they want to make a quick change. Now... if that means just minor tweaks to the body, or a complete overhaul I'm not sure based on the link provided.

14' hatches and 15 WRX/Sti will be worth a whole lot 10-20 years from now if this is the case. It sounds like they want to keep hatches strictly an Impreza thing in an effort to really seperate itself from the WRX look.
    Would be funny if that was true... means I have one of the last hatches ever sold. Booyakasha!

On a serious note, if they will do a facelift (and if history is any sort of tell, they sure will) then I highly doubt that it will be for the 2016 model year, in fact, I'll put money on it. If anything, it will be 2017 or even 2018.

Either way, I still think the 08-14 sti/11-14wrx are the best looking subarus ever made, but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

OMG that blows for everyone who just bought a 2015.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

I don't think so. I'm sure they'll keep the same engine and trans in said "new model", which would make the 15' not only a rare performance vehicle, but easy to buy OEM parts for it at the same price as said future model(s).
    Replacement body parts though... I guess that could potentially be expensive if they do in fact alter the look significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

At the end of the day, we don't have much to go off of from this article, so it's really speculation at this point.
    ...Wait and see for now...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Don't hold your breath for much of this actually happening.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Well first they said Impreza would probably get a redesign first then the WRX/STI so thats a few years down the road.

aggressive stance will indeed reach production and is due to appear on the all-new Impreza due in 2016, and the WRX that will follow.

Like with all Subaru rumors until I see it I wont believe it
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Like any rumor*
    The article quotes a lead designer though.

... For whatever that's worth I'm not sure...

Definatly not going to happen lmfao op is troll

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast