2016 WRX ?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2016 WRX ?? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The 2015 impreza has already been shown and can be pre-ordered. If this is true then that means they are ...

The 2015 impreza has already been shown and can be pre-ordered. If this is true then that means they are going to potentially change two platforms in a very short period of time and that is highly unlikely.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think this will happen to company with only engineers.... What I think happened was the initial concept was outsourced to design firm and the CEO thru it to their engineers and told them to make it and it became like 2015 WRX....

Changing the body design after 1 year is highly unlikely, even for a mid-cycle change. This article seems legitimate. I do like the concept body design a lot more. If this really happens for 2016, I'm in luck as I'm getting one next year

Quote Originally Posted by wrxedd View Post
    Definatly not going to happen lmfao op is troll
    how is posting a link to an article trolling?

I Support ClubWRX
    Highly doubt this would be a thing.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Remember guys, this is all just speculation and no more. While this could be true, it's highly unlikely buy the 2016 model. But, I think it is still plausible within the next couple of years. If you remember, the 2008 model WRX was the start of a new generation. Then Subaru went and gave the gen 3 WRX a face lift and a bewb job (body perking up). So I think they could very likely come out with a redesigned exterior some time around the 2017 or 2018 model. But, revamping the 2016 model this early is highly unlikely.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Remember guys, this is all just speculation and no more. While this could be true, it's highly unlikely buy the 2016 model. But, I think it is still plausible within the next couple of years. If you remember, the 2008 model WRX was the start of a new generation. Then Subaru went and gave the gen 3 WRX a face lift and a bewb job (body perking up). So I think they could very likely come out with a redesigned exterior some time around the 2017 or 2018 model. But, revamping the 2016 model this early is highly unlikely.
    Agree. If the car gets a redesign I don't see what the reason would be after a year. Yes there's a lot of negative reviews on how it looks...but who here didn't think it looked stupid at first then saw it in person for the first time and thought differently? I did
    They're flying off the shelves from what I hear.
    If there's any changes its minor bugs from this year, maybe an interior update that's pretty unoticeable. But I wouldn't expect and nothing for the next few years

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't hold your breath...

The rumor mill always churns strongest at the beginning of a refresh, when distaste is typically the highest.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    ...but who here didn't think it looked stupid at first then saw it in person for the first time and thought differently?...
    I wasn't in love with it when i saw the first pics, and I'm still not in love with it. Needs moar hatch!

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I wasn't in love with it when i saw the first pics, and I'm still not in love with it. Needs moar hatch!
    That hatch would be nice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by wrxedd View Post
    Definatly not going to happen lmfao op is troll

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    lol... Let me educate you son,
    Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Now... Please stay on topic about the 2016 design!

I posted in some other forums and I think I was too quick to jump to conclusions, I still plan on ordering the 2015 WRX. I think the 15' looks good anyway... Really excited to own one! Now... I hope they come out with some running solutions soon that I can read about on the forum

*Misunderstanding*

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    So I am planning on buying a 15' WRX at the end of the year when I just finished reading this article...

2016 Subaru Impreza and next WRX could get WRX Concept design lines - See more at: 2016 Subaru Impreza and next WRX could get WRX Concept design lines - Torque News

So wtf... Do you think the2015's will be a one model year? I don't want to order a 15 if they are going to change the design 1 year later, it seems like normally models stay pretty close 4 years at a time before a body change.
    I am seeing so many people misread this article. At points even the writer seems confused haha. This article is simply saying the 2016 impreza (completely different car now) is scheduled to be redesigned. This is a much more pressing need due to their current model and how horrible it looks lol the "the wrx to follow" means 2017. This would keep things right in line with the 2 year changes we were accustomed to for all those years. Will it be drastic? No. Will it be sexier? Yes.
    So I can say with 100% fact that there will be no significant body changes for 2016 outgoing model. Enjoy your 2015's everyone! 2 years is a long time to wait for the 2017 so your decisions were all worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath...

The rumor mill always churns strongest at the beginning of a refresh, when distaste is typically the highest.
    This.

2015 WRX STi
    World Rally Blue

Smaug is his name and he has a friggin dragon wing.
    Boom Cannon

Registered User electricmarquis's Avatar
    As mentioned above..... Maybe addition of a hatch, but no way to a complete body redesign in 1 year. It would negate profits for a retooling of the assembly line. Factory re-tooling can cost hundreds of millions of dollars. From what I see 2015 wrx needs to be pre-ordered because of demand. When a 2015 model hits the showroom its there for hours before selling in my area. Most are bought while showing "in transit" in there system. A redesign in one year usually indicates a bad seller.

I've only seen one render of a what a WRX hatch with the current body style would look like. Probably the same one everyone else saw. Didn't look bad at all. If one does get made, I hope Subaru goes a different direction with the rear end design. Not a fan of the current gen Impreza hatch rear end design.
    Current Cars: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT - 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS 5MT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.