Father son Test drive 2015 WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Father son Test drive 2015 WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I thought I would share my Father son day, I went to this to look at a STI because ...

Father son Test drive 2015 WRX

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	190 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	151665
    So I thought I would share my Father son day, I went to this to look at a STI because I wanted to find out how the back set felt for an adult of my size 6'1 200LB and I am happy to say I sat very comfortable and my head did not touch the ceiling. But the highlight of my day was that there was a Base 2015 WRX on the lot that someone ordered but just lost their Job so its available right now, Poor Guy... anyway it gave me a chance to Test drive a 6 speed and I have driven a few CVT's but IMHO the 6MT makes you feel connected to the car and the road in a way the CVT did not with me. It was nothing short then amazing, I got to drive for maybe 20 miles up a HWY and then through some hair pin curvy mountain roads. I pushed the car hard but not to breaking point. I Live in Colorado and I was cruising up I-70 into the mountains going at speeds up to 95MPH... its a 3 lane HWY going up Hill and its hard for your everyday car to get enough power to even get to the speed limit of 65. The WRX had a lot left in the car but at 95MPH that was plenty fast to feel the power it had. The WRX really shined on the windy mountain road. I took some Hairpin corners and the car felt like it was on rails! you just don't feel any body roll in this car !! My old E36 M3 would have lost traction where the WRX just sticks to the Road! I cant remember the last time I just smiled the whole time I drove a car. This car is thrilling and once someone has more time to understand the power curves and shifting times, Im sure it will be even better. As a DD this car is perfect in evey way, Power, Suspension is not to rough but its hard enough that you feel sporty, Seats felt great! I have seen some people complain about them but to me they felt nice and comfortable. Brakes..... Hmm... They work but I would describe them as "Fine" for DD but if you do anything else you might want to upgrade. I felt like they where just like a "Normal" car, nothing great but they do the Job. I will be buying one very soon but I want the Limited model for sure so I will order. this one had the STI short shifter so I don't know what the shifter feels like with out the upgrade so I can only report that I really liked it. Soooo.... for all of you on the fence on the WRX... the car begs you to modify it and feels great even at Stock! so if anyone here wants a 2015 without the order time AutoNation Subaru West in Colorado has one on there lot right now! I drove a Golf GLI last night just because I thought I should at least try out the competition and ummm... I have nothing to say... FWD vs AWD... WRX FTW. I would never buy a VW over a WRX even if its the R spec.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	151673

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Your son did fine with the clutch. We told you so!

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Your son did fine with the clutch. We told you so!
    He was more of a back set driver haha

I hope your kid wasn't in the car as you were going 95 MPH uphill in a car during it's break-in period

Lol so I was t the only one worried about the break in period

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I hope your kid wasn't in the car as you were going 95 MPH uphill in a car during it's break-in period
    The purpose of this thread was to share the excitement with all of you of my test drive today, I don't care to discuss with anyone if I am a responsible parent or what I deem as "Un Safe" with what I do with my kids or a car, Furthermore staying on topic.. The Break in period is great if you own your car, But who in the world is going to take a "test" drive and not actually "test" the car to see if its something you Actually want to buy? I mean seriously!! until I joined this forum I have never heard of a break in period by any salesperson on a test drive.

Going Forward... yea when I do get the car... I will respect the break in period and no I will not be flying down the road at 95 MPH with kids in the car! If I was driving a Ford Pinto I would say 65 might be pushing it but in a WRX!!! 95 MPH really does not "feel" that fast! I'm pretty sure if I were driving a Ferrari no body would say going 100 MPH is unsafe... and unless you want to play the "know it all card" your assuming a lot on your part about my speed and where I was at on the road and what the traffic was like saying I was unsafe.. Again! all I wanted to do was share how great the car was with my experience in it today... that's all!

Glad you enjoyed it Jason. Fabulous car.

So you're not thinking of buying it? You were initially talking about sitting in the back to make sure it's comfortable and enough space for you, which first made me think your son normally drives and you sit in the back lol it also made me think you were seriously considering buying it. Did the drive put you off?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    The Break in period is great if you own your car, But who in the world is going to take a "test" drive and not actually "test" the car to see if its something you Actually want to buy? I mean seriously!! until I joined this forum I have never heard of a break in period by any salesperson on a test drive.
    You're absolutely right. It is the responsibility of the salesperson and future owner to worry about the break-in period, not yours on a test drive. The WRX is not a performance car that the dealers would normally exclude from hard test driving, that would be the STI. Plus, if you buy a new car with more than 20 miles on it, you have to assume it has been driven hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JusNoGood View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it Jason. Fabulous car.

So you're not thinking of buying it? You were initially talking about sitting in the back to make sure it's comfortable and enough space for you, which first made me think your son normally drives and you sit in the back lol it also made me think you were seriously considering buying it. Did the drive put you off?
    Yea sorry for the confusion but your right, I was pretty sure I wanted the WRX but just the night before I was looking at VW and the Jetta GLI, after sitting in the Jetta I decided the next day to go look at a WRX because I wanted to make sure it would fit me or anyone else I would put in the back set. In the Jetta I felt my head touching the ceiling where in the WRX it fit Adults just fine. My son wanted to drive but he is just needs to get bigger first hahaha.... My son did say during the drive that "Dad, When you Die I am going to get this car!" which was pretty funny to me and the saleperson lol..

But after the Drive, My mind is made up 200% that the WRX is the right car for me and my family... Every question I had was answered on the Test Drive... Truly one of the best car's I have driven

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    You're absolutely right. It is the responsibility of the salesperson and future owner to worry about the break-in period, not yours on a test drive. The WRX is not a performance car that the dealers would normally exclude from hard test driving, that would be the STI. Plus, if you buy a new car with more than 20 miles on it, you have to assume it has been driven hard.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    I don't care to discuss with anyone if I am a responsible parent or what I deem as "Un Safe" with what I do with my kids or a car
    +1
    Safe and legal are two different things. I assume that some people are tools and others know what they are doing, but it's not for me to judge by internet words.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    +1
    Safe and legal are two different things. I assume that some people are tools and others know what they are doing,
    Totally agree with you, well said

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Great cars to drive
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome! Great cars to drive
    Thanks! Yea I am not sure I have driven a better car, my friend is going to be getting the 15' STI while I get the 15' WRX.... Going to be a good Christmas this year!

My final two choices came down to the Jetta GLI and the WRX as well. The GLI has a more comfortable interior (other than the headroom issue you brought up) with a better stereo and is fast enough for most practical purposes. But the WRX was such a hoot to drive. Ended up ordering a WRX.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast