Father son Test drive 2015 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Father son Test drive 2015 WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mikepj My final two choices came down to the Jetta GLI and the WRX as well. The ...

Quote Originally Posted by mikepj View Post
    My final two choices came down to the Jetta GLI and the WRX as well. The GLI has a more comfortable interior (other than the headroom issue you brought up) with a better stereo and is fast enough for most practical purposes. But the WRX was such a hoot to drive. Ended up ordering a WRX.
    Man that's awesome, post pics when you get it! What color did you go with? I think the wrx will be a lot better in MI too with all your weather you get there

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Funny how you wrote that. At first sentence or two thought you went with the GLI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The AWD for winter driving definitely played a part in deciding between the two. Both the GLI and the WRX feel nice when driving them separately. It was only when driving the two cars back to back at the end of my car shopping when I noticed that the GLI just felt a little boring compared to the WRX. The A/C vents make a ton of noise in the GLI when they are turned all the way up too.

Will definitely post pics when the WRX arrives. I ordered the WR Blue (just couldn't bring myself to buy a Subaru in any other color).

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Funny how you wrote that. At first sentence or two thought you went with the GLI.

Yea... My apologies on my writing, I think I will keep my day job and forget about being a writer lol

I Support ClubWRX
    When I had my Sirocco years ago VW's idea of AC was a joke.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh and a WRX with snow tires is not short of amazing. I was just cruising around this winter like a cat on carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Oh and a WRX with snow tires is not short of amazing. I was just cruising around this winter like a cat on carpet.
    I was wondering if snow tires where needed OR if all seasons for the winter would be good enough, Im in Denver and the snow comes then melts and is dry for a while before the next round of storms. I was thinking of getting Summer Tires for the Summer and then all Seasons for the winter... what kind of tires do you use on your car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock Dunlop suck in wet cold let alone ice but are pretty good above 40 degrees F. I will use those until well worn. In winter I use Dunlap WinterMaxx.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    I was wondering if snow tires where needed OR if all seasons for the winter would be good enough, Im in Denver and the snow comes then melts and is dry for a while before the next round of storms. I was thinking of getting Summer Tires for the Summer and then all Seasons for the winter... what kind of tires do you use on your car?
    I've always gone with blizzaks for my winter tires. I'm going to try to go all-seasons this year though just to save on space and I no longer have a 30 min commute to work.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Blizzaks and Wintersports are among the best.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Would you rather eat a steak dinner with a fork and knife or a spork?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I used blizzaks for four winters and they were great the first two winters and pretty good the next two. I'll be getting nokians this winter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Would you rather eat a steak dinner with a fork and knife or a spork?
    Steak is steak.

For what it's worth, I never felt unsafe running my blizzak tires on warmer winter days. Is that why you're considering all-season instead?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Blizzaks and Wintersports are among the best.
    I bought the Xi3 based on great reviews. I did my first ~700 miles on them without any seriously bad weather, but they held up well in a couple of days of deep slush. No drama when warm either.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post

For what it's worth, I never felt unsafe running my blizzak tires on warmer winter days. Is that why you're considering all-season instead?
    actually its not that I would feel unsafe.. its that with snow tires at least with my experience on dry pavement they don't last long and they are not as sticky on the road, When I had my 1999 M3 I was running Dunlap Wintersport 3D M3, if my memory is correct and they were amazing in the snow, I never thought a RWD M3 would be so fun in the snow until I put those on... But on dry pavement they felt slippery IMO... I had Goodyear All Seasons triple tread (I think that was the name) on my wifes mini van and they sucked in the snow so I was just thinking maybe with an AWD car with all seasons I would get better performance with more mixed driving in the winter in Colorado, and in the Snow.... because the Rex is AWD I would just fine without winter but IDK.... I might just get some winter tires and deal with it and then get a set of summer for the rest of the year...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast