I want to test drive a used WRX, but I'm a little rusty at driving stick.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I want to test drive a used WRX, but I'm a little rusty at driving stick. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I am looking to buy a WRX or an STi but obviously I want to test drive it ...

I want to test drive a used WRX, but I'm a little rusty at driving stick.

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a WRX or an STi but obviously I want to test drive it first. Right now I'm looking at a 2010 WRX. However, I'm a little rusty at driving a stick. It's been about two years or so since I was last able to drive one. I really want to test drive a WRX, but I don't want to look like an idiot or tear up a dealership's car, and unfortunately I don't know anyone with a stick much less a WRX to drive. If I stall a few times during the test drive, will it damage the car too bad besides maybe some slight clutch wear? Should I just explain the situation to the salesman? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Just go test drive a used vehicle that has a manual transmission before you go to subaru Regardless, I think you will be fine either way. Driving a manual is one of those things that comes back really quick. You already know the concept!

I hope so lol. Sometimes when the clutch is a little flimsy though I can't feel it engage. I learned on a really stiff clutch. Didn't do myself any favors there lol.

Using Tapatalk

Driving a stick is like riding a bike. Although if you don't know how to ride a bike you're going to have trouble....

Any salesperson who wants to sell you a car and cares about repeat business and referrals will have enough patience to sit through you stalling a few times. You won't do any damage to the car by doing that a few times on a test drive. Just be honest with them beforehand. Your money's as good as anyone's who's currently driving a manual.

Yeah I guess that's true. And I'm not afraid to walk away from a sale if they won't let me drive the car I'm wanting to buy.

Using Tapatalk

I test drove a brand new WRX before I bought mine and I stalled it out several times, just had a different clutch feel to it than any other car I have driven in the past. You should be fine

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.