I want to test drive a used WRX, but I'm a little rusty at driving stick.

This is a discussion on I want to test drive a used WRX, but I'm a little rusty at driving stick. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I am looking to buy a WRX or an STi but obviously I want to test drive it ...

I want to test drive a used WRX, but I'm a little rusty at driving stick.

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a WRX or an STi but obviously I want to test drive it first. Right now I'm looking at a 2010 WRX. However, I'm a little rusty at driving a stick. It's been about two years or so since I was last able to drive one. I really want to test drive a WRX, but I don't want to look like an idiot or tear up a dealership's car, and unfortunately I don't know anyone with a stick much less a WRX to drive. If I stall a few times during the test drive, will it damage the car too bad besides maybe some slight clutch wear? Should I just explain the situation to the salesman? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Just go test drive a used vehicle that has a manual transmission before you go to subaru Regardless, I think you will be fine either way. Driving a manual is one of those things that comes back really quick. You already know the concept!

I hope so lol. Sometimes when the clutch is a little flimsy though I can't feel it engage. I learned on a really stiff clutch. Didn't do myself any favors there lol.

Using Tapatalk

Driving a stick is like riding a bike. Although if you don't know how to ride a bike you're going to have trouble....

Any salesperson who wants to sell you a car and cares about repeat business and referrals will have enough patience to sit through you stalling a few times. You won't do any damage to the car by doing that a few times on a test drive. Just be honest with them beforehand. Your money's as good as anyone's who's currently driving a manual.

Yeah I guess that's true. And I'm not afraid to walk away from a sale if they won't let me drive the car I'm wanting to buy.

Using Tapatalk

I test drove a brand new WRX before I bought mine and I stalled it out several times, just had a different clutch feel to it than any other car I have driven in the past. You should be fine