Question about SI-Drive availability

This is a discussion on Question about SI-Drive availability within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, new member here. The transmission on my Accord died today and the repair bill is more than the ...

Question Question about SI-Drive availability

Hey guys, new member here. The transmission on my Accord died today and the repair bill is more than the car is worth, so it's new car time. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a new manual WRX Limited and noticed on the Subaru site that SI-Drive is an available option. However, when you build the car I don't see a way to actually select it. Is it actually available on a non-STi car? Also, is it even worth it?

Also, is it possible to get the keyless entry without getting the nav and audio package? From dealer or even aftermarket? I want that, but don't want the nav and audio since I plan on swapping out the head unit and speakers anyway. Thanks and hopefully I'll join the ranks of WRX owners!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Si drive is only available on the automatic. It changes the aggression of the throttle and the transmission. I think the push button start is offered in the limited without nav.

SI-Drive is only for the CVT in the WRX, I could be wrong but I don't believe it changes the throttle response like it does in an STI, just allows you to go into different modes for the gearbox.

Keyless is only available with the NAV/HK package.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrrwin View Post
    SI-Drive is only for the CVT in the WRX, I could be wrong but I don't believe it changes the throttle response like it does in an STI, just allows you to go into different modes for the gearbox.

Keyless is only available with the NAV/HK package.
    SI changes throttle response, shift points, shift aggression, gear ratios/numbers and "gearchange" behavior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by asindhidude View Post
    SI changes throttle response, shift points, shift aggression, gear ratios/numbers and "gearchange" behavior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    I stand corrected. Good to know.

There is a noticeable difference in how the car performs in S mode when compared to I. I personally never use S or S# unless i also have it switched to "manual." it definitely makes for a more interesting driving experience.

I drove the MT in downtown Houston traffic and it wasn't too bad. I still chose the CVT so that my wife could drive it though. S# keeps me from regretting the decision lol.