This is pretty much how I park now

This is a discussion on This is pretty much how I park now within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was halfway between the mall entrance and my car. In my row of cars was an Evo, Miata, Audi ...

This is pretty much how I park now

This was halfway between the mall entrance and my car.

In my row of cars was an Evo, Miata, Audi TT, MY WRX, Infiniti G

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-07 19.36.00.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	148465

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just park in van accessible handicap spots instead of the normal ones. Less worry about dings that way.

Quote Originally Posted by popotamus View Post
    This was halfway between the mall entrance and my car.

In my row of cars was an Evo, Miata, Audi TT, MY WRX, Infiniti G
    I ALWAYS try and park as far out as possible. I know it is only a car, but my last "nice" car had a bunch of door dings after parking it up front in lots. I find if that the lot is full up, typically parking next to someone with a monster pickup works out better than the rest of the cars. I think they may be more afraind of scratching their truck than I am my car lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    I just park in van accessible handicap spots instead of the normal ones. Less worry about dings that way.

I have to say I laughed at this. Because it was a joke right? lol

Yuuup. I park far out, because I'm still getting comfortable with the car. It works out, because it's maybe three spots out from where I normally would park.

Then a minivan full of children and an SUV full of large people park on either side of me... when I'm the only car out in Guam.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've helped wear a lot of shoes over the years by parking far far away. It works.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ikimashokie View Post
    Yuuup. I park far out, because I'm still getting comfortable with the car. It works out, because it's maybe three spots out from where I normally would park.

Then a minivan full of children and an SUV full of large people park on either side of me... when I'm the only car out in Guam.
    No kidding...I have given up parking far away because it is like my car is a magnet for idiots. No matter how far away I park there is always someone parked directly next to me when I come out!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    No kidding...I have given up parking far away because it is like my car is a magnet for idiots. No matter how far away I park there is always someone parked directly next to me when I come out!
    When i had my POS, beat up, dinged up Neon, I'd park right next to people parked far away just for kicks and giggles

Just be careful being that far away from your car. Especially at night.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    When i had my POS, beat up, dinged up Neon, I'd park right next to people parked far away just for kicks and giggles
    That's so wrong...

But I wanna get a beater just so that I can mess around with asshats who can't straighten their car or park correctly in parking spots.

Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    I ALWAYS try and park as far out as possible. I know it is only a car, but my last "nice" car had a bunch of door dings after parking it up front in lots. I find if that the lot is full up, typically parking next to someone with a monster pickup works out better than the rest of the cars. I think they may be more afraind of scratching their truck than I am my car lol

I have to say I laughed at this. Because it was a joke right? lol

No. I have handicap plates so I'm allowed to park there. Im not that much of a douche to just park there. I do gwt funny looks from old people though when they see me get out of the car. Then some of them read my plates and notice the DV tag and continue walking.

Quote Originally Posted by BOshea View Post
    Just be careful being that far away from your car. Especially at night.
    I have a concealed handgun license and two extra mags. No worries here

I Support ClubWRX
    I do that too, and this week when I washed my car and got all the yellow pollen off I noticed a nice big dent in my passenger door...pretty sure it was from a rogue shopping cart on a windy day, definitely isn't from another car door. Just know you can never escape things, well you may be able to but I have some of the worst luck ever.

Oh, and to add to the fun for me, it can't be repaired by PDR because it's right where the side crash beam is...yep, that means it's going to be 400-600 bucks to have the door taken apart, dent beat out and door repainted. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by popotamus View Post
    That's so wrong...

But I wanna get a beater just so that I can mess around with asshats who can't straighten their car or park correctly in parking spots.
    If I'm incensed enough, I like to leave a bright pink and flowery sticky note that says "Stop parking like a woman! You make us look bad. " Especially if it's one of those giant lifted/dually trucks, because the number of excuses I have heard about poor driving in those... (It's so big, you try parking it! Being higher off the ground means you have to go reeeaaaallllly slowly over bumps/divots/drainage troughs! )

I've been told I have manly handwriting, so it probably doesn't have the same effect... oh well.
    Last edited by ikimashokie; 05-11-2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: To emphasize exactly how slow these people in their trucks/suvs/etc that are feet off the ground are going

If I'm incensed enough, I like to leave a bright pink and flowery sticky note that says "Stop parking like a woman! You make us look bad. " Especially if it's one of those giant lifted/dually trucks, because the number of excuses I have heard about poor driving in those... (It's so big, you try parking it! Being higher off the ground means you have to go reeeaaaallllly slowly over bumps/divots/drainage troughs! )

I've been told I have manly handwriting, so it probably doesn't have the same effect... oh well.
    I love seeing the big lifted trucks that have never seen the mud. Or even better, the ones that are running on street tires instead of AT or MT tires lol. They have the cash to buy a huge truck but not enough money to run an AT tire at least. Poor truck. It shall always be a mall cruiser lol

youparklikeanidiot.net
    Last edited by Raven Logics; 05-11-2014 at 01:42 PM.