Stock 2014 WRX rod bearing failure - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stock 2014 WRX rod bearing failure within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by kh202 Again, I don't know what kind of oil filter Can you call them and ask, or ...

Quote Originally Posted by kh202 View Post
    Again, I don't know what kind of oil filter
    Can you call them and ask, or look yourself? It's very important to know what parts are going on your car. Next time bring them the filter. You can buy them in packs online/ebay.
    '14 SWP STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    Can you call them and ask, or look yourself? It's very important to know what parts are going on your car. Next time bring them the filter. You can buy them in packs online/ebay.
    Will do from here on out

Just out of curiosity, how would you justify your oil changes if you did the work yourself? Just showing some receipts for quarts of oil and filters doesn't mean anything. Nothing says you actually used them.

I'm interested in this because I buy oil by the case and I've got about 3 of them sitting in my garage. Same with filters. I bought a 6-pack months ago. I'm not even sure where the receipts are anymore. But as I said, even if I had the receipts, nothing says I actually DID the oil changes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your receipts and your word. Also I tend to save a quart of the batch of the oil in the engine.

Some auto companies will do an oil analysis, but that's a bit rare. Most cars have OLM now. WRX is a throwback, and I love it.

Got a call last night from dealer. They finally got approval from Subaru. Basically getting a whole new engine.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good deal. Sucks you had to go through the torture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Finally on my way to go pick up my car!!! Been almost a month!

Congrats

4 days later and motor #2 is broken in and good to go!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.