Brand new 2014 Hatch doing the break in
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brand new 2014 Hatch doing the break in within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys.. I'm currently still breaking in my car, only at 133 miles.. I've put on 71 miles and my ...

Hey Guys.. I'm currently still breaking in my car, only at 133 miles.. I've put on 71 miles and my car has already used up over a quarter of a tank!? I understand they are not a prius.. Also, I'm not driving too hard, I thought that at first as well.. I'm currently babying her pretty good. Is this normal for a new motor!? I've only bought old jeeps to tear apart! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry cant read
    Last edited by GRBOXR; 05-02-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Sorry.. My oils solid.. Gas is what I'm talking about.. lol and I'm used to cars destroying gas from all my jeeps, but this is a lot! 71 miles and almost half a tank!? Unless those tricky bastards at the deAler only filled it up barely to full..

Yeah. The first couple tanks will have reasonably low mileage. Once complete the break in process you'll notice an increase or a stable number in the mpg. I current have a little over 3K on my car and two oils changes into it and I'm consistent around 22+ and i drive a mainly city.

Like the Man in the bathroom stall said to the man waiting.... "Give it time baby... Give it time"

Sounds about right.... I just hit 1600 miles yesterday and I've been getting 23-24mpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep.......my MPG's really popped up after 1000 miles or so, maybe a bit more. Suburb Romping now 23 MPG or so. Easy Freeway I can get 28 MPG. I'm around 4000 miles or so.

Okay! Awesome! Thanks.. I figured as much. I was hoping, I was like ah ****., I went from my jeep, the same thing!? Oh well.. Haha but okay, cool. I have an hour commute to work in the summer, so I'll rack up the miles quick..

Sent from my iPhone

When new, mine did the same for the 1st 100 miles, then continued to get better. I get about 24 mpg around town @ 4000 miles.

Okay sweetness! As long as it gets more then this in the long run.. This will kill me

Sent from my iPhone

Where did you find a '14 hatch new? I looked all over Houston and no one had them here. We're very happy selling me a '15 though so I'm still happy. Still love the idea of having a hatch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    Where did you find a '14 hatch new? I looked all over Houston and no one had them here. We're very happy selling me a '15 though so I'm still happy. Still love the idea of having a hatch though.
    Hard work, and lots of looking.. I was sitting on the fence about a new car.. Then noticed over a weeks period EVERY hatch in nj was sold... So next one to pop up.. Ran over and bought.. And as of still, last one I've seen. There's three listed locally that have all been sold.. So it's potential I bought the last one in nj.. Haha auto trader has a couple up here, but I called the dealers, and they don't have it..

Sent from my iPhone

City/Highway I usually combine for around 23 mpg... Highway alone I usually manage 28 mpg.
    '13 WRX WRB Sedan
    Rain, sleet, snow... drive it.

I Support ClubWRX
    There was a 2014 Sedan sitting at my dealer the other day. Hatch? Fuggetaboutit.

Yea I saw a couple sedans as well. they were practically begging me to buy one when I called regarding a hatch.

Nice find. There were 2 2014s hatches left when I went to grab mine last month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.