Body Line of the WRX wagon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Body Line of the WRX wagon within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i noticed that some of the WRX wagons have some additional body moldings on them and some don't. Like ...

Body Line of the WRX wagon

So i noticed that some of the WRX wagons have some additional body moldings on them and some don't. Like this one NO MOLDING:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1...llights001.jpg

and then theres this one WITH A MOLDING

Impreza + WRX STi Body Side Molding Protection 2008-2014, SubaruGenuineParts.com

Now theres a body molding half way on the door on the above link. Is that a model issue or difference between base/premium/limited? And how difficult would it be to remove? I have that additional molding on my car and the more i see it the less i like it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It was a factory option
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I installed mine myself. Comes with a template & is held in place by super sticky 3M tape. Not sure how hard it would be to remove. But I'd think it would take the paint off if you tried to remove it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

It looks like it's an adhesive moulding, I'd expect it to come off with maybe some heat? I've seen it as a dealer-installed option, and for a while I was torn on whether I liked it. I'm glad mine came without.

The going story is that it's supposed to help protect your doors, but I'm not seeing it. It's below the widest part of the body, which is already low as it is... I don't think I've seen a door that would make contact where the moulding is.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have the molding but wish I did. It protects your door from dings. Plus I just like the look of it.

OK guys thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated

I Support ClubWRX
    Hatch not wagon
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Personally I like wagon. it's just more fun to say when you beat the guys in mustangs and say "you just lost to a 4 cylinder wagon" LOL

MTM
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Hatch not wagon
    beat me too it.

Look what your title says... it doesnt say wagon.

Mine does.

I Support ClubWRX
    ok compromise 5 door

The only reason im not a fan of calling it a wagon is that is is shorter then the sedan but either is all good. Though if they decide to bring back the 5door I hope its a wide body wagon.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I'm with you on not liking how it looks. I would bet some fishing line and a heat gun would get them off pretty easily. Then some goo-gone for any remaining adhesive.

MTM
    lol well they are both 5 doors.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I'm with you on not liking how it looks. I would bet some fishing line and a heat gun would get them off pretty easily. Then some goo-gone for any remaining adhesive.
    i want to try i just don't want to destroy my paint. i'm going to have to see if anyone else has attempted the task.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    That will do the trick. I had these on my Mazda3 5 door, took them off using this method and worked fine... I don't see these being any different.

I Support ClubWRX
    I doubt its held together by anything magical. Have you debadged the trunk? it shouldn't be much more difficult. Its also not that bad on the car I say leave it. If it were something other then body color I would remove it. You may have also already technically paid for it being part of the invoice.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast