Yet Anothet Noobtastic Question

This is a discussion on Yet Anothet Noobtastic Question within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I notice when i go to turn Traction Control off in my'15 WRX that it also states "Track Mode," yet ...

Yet Anothet Noobtastic Question

I notice when i go to turn Traction Control off in my'15 WRX that it also states "Track Mode," yet if i hold the button down it will only state that my Trac Control is turned off but not in "Track Mode." why do i have a feeling that this mode isn't as special as it sounds. I just want all of this safety crap turned off and if possible i want ABS turned off as well.

I drove most of my life without training wheels so i dont see the point in government mandated crap lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They hide it amongst a million pages of crap but i found it eventually. Still cant find a way to disengage ABS though. I know in my last 3 cars i had to pull a fuse and really don't feel like dealing with that at the moment.

Track mode means the brake vectoring is turned on, but VDC and traction control are off. It's not a safety control but will help you with sharper turns. At least one article said it was better in this mode than off altogether. ABS is always on, you'll have to find a workaround.

Yea i heard that track mode wasn't too bad but it limited your RPMs if it felt you were sliding or something like that. So if i was actually trying to slide then i need to turn everything off and find an ABS work around i guess. Damn government hand holders lol