Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb AP dyno

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
Hey all,

For those of you whom own a Cobb Accessport, I was wondering if any of you have had an accurate reading on your dyno via AP? Mine read 431HP today in the Sport# mode.

So far, my Subi set up is:

2012 Subaru WRX STi
Cobb Short Ram Intake
Invidia Q300 TBE
Kartboy Pitch Stop Mount
Stage 2+ Tune via Cobb AP

When I did the dyno via AP, I had it 3rd gear and was only able to read it from 2000RPM to about 5000RPM (was shooting for 6500RPM but there was a car in front of me).
I haven't had the chance to take my car to a real dyno, but I don't exactly believe I'm pushing 431HP. Any similar stories or glitches in your Accessports? Or is there some accuracy to my readings?

Thanks for any feedback! I do apologize if there have been posts regarding this already.

Printimus

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Thats just a wee bit hight for those mods. You sure you dont mean 341hp?

#4 ·
The AP dyno function is not accurate at all. I would expect your car to be around 280-290 wph with the mods you have listed (a real dyno reads wheel HP). If you got a pro-tune it is possible you could get closer to 300. If the AP dyno is representing engine HP, then the figure would probably be closer to 340 (265 x ~1.3) max.

#5 ·
Not even close. My AP read 320 whp when I was stage 1. Then I put it on VD and I had 260 whp.
Heres the comparison

And yes, the AP says it's at the wheels.
The AP is reading my stage 1, and the dyno is reading my TP stage 2

It's also on ssmoothing 1, which is supposed to be 3. That reads 311 whp.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
:yeahthat:

The AP has never been know to calculate even close to the correct WHP numbers. With your setup, on a dyno, you would be making somewhere between 260-280HP at the wheels. That depends entirely on the dyno though, because every dyno calculates WHP a bit differently. Your torque should be somewhere in the ball park of 280 ft-lbs at the wheels.

Think of it logically. How does the Cobb AP have an accurate way to measure the torque being put down at the wheels? It doesn't.

#11 ·
Guess I will just have to put it on a real dyno to find out. Thanks for all the input, guess I wont be relying on my AP for dyno readings. Speaking of AP, is the 0-60 test any good? Or any of the performance tests on it? I haven't gotten the chance to try most of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.