Driving Impessions and Observations on 2015 WRX - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Driving Impessions and Observations on 2015 WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Raven Logics ^This is spot on. I also think the stock tune is just poor - a ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    ^This is spot on. I also think the stock tune is just poor - a stage 1 map could make a night a day difference as long as the turbo size is sufficient.
    I'm all in for a stage one tune.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I'm all in for a stage one tune.
    I should have known from experience that "WRX" and "Stock" don't go well together

I don't supposed that Subaru publish their tolerance levels so that we can optimize the performance within the warranty parameters? Gah, doing it again... trying to convince myself that I would settle for Subaru settings!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I should have known from experience that "WRX" and "Stock" don't go well together

I don't supposed that Subaru publish their tolerance levels so that we can optimize the performance within the warranty parameters? Gah, doing it again... trying to convince myself that I would settle for Subaru settings!
    Well Crawford performance and others have had great results with this motor in the BRZ.

Edit-
    Noticed you said "within warranty" so i digress. Any mods you do to the car that creates more power will most likely void the warranty from what I've noticed.
    Last edited by Mike0341; 05-10-2014 at 03:06 PM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    Well Crawford performance and others have had great results with this motor in the BRZ.
    Keep in mind that the cams in the BRZ are designed for top-end whereas the cams in the WRX are designed for mid range and low end punch. Don't expect the same gains mod-for-mod.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Ī understand that. I was merely starting that the engine itself is pretty durable. Cam swaps are to be expected when you start going for bigger boost and more power. Those that don't will most likely never see the full potential of the mods done.

That being said it depends on what your tuning for. Some may prefer the stock cams and some may need a more aggressive profile. The engine should be a great performer when it comes to power gains none the less.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I agree!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I agree!
    Easy now. Agreeing with an English major can be a foolish endeavor LMAO.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Last fill up averaged 27.8 MPG.On a side note, I finally got a perfect 1st to 2nd gear change,woohoo.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Light trunk means lighter overall weight so I don't mind it.

As far as keyless entry goes, there's a good reason why it's a good idea not to put them on the back door. Imagine walking up to your car and putting your hand on the door handle. As soon as you do, a gunman walks up and shoves a gun to your head and easily allows his buddy into the back seat of your car as he pushes you out of the way and now has full control of your car.

I'm glad my wife's car no longer has the keyless entry on the passenger door. Really glad she carries a gun as well
    What an imagination on this guy hahaha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by asindhidude View Post
    What an imagination on this guy hahaha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Not using my imagination. There have been a number of car jackings in Houston using that very same strategy.

1007 miles. It's go time!!

And please, someone teach me how to be smooth on the 1-2 shift! Hah ( but serious)

I am looking forward to trying a 2015 when the local dealer gets one...

I agree with above observations re' the BMW. I had a 2004 Z4 - I found the handling of my 2012 WRX to be similar to the BMW, while the acceleration was quicker. While not cushy by any means, the WRX suspension was much more comfortable.

Not using my imagination. There have been a number of car jackings in Houston using that very same strategy.
    So give them your car..........

Its a car, who gives a crap? get in a fight with a guy with a gun over a car? really?

Quote Originally Posted by Koogs View Post
    So give them your car..........

Its a car, who gives a crap? get in a fight with a guy with a gun over a car? really?
    Yea after four combat deployments ill let some jackwipe pull a gun on me and take my car lol. If someone pulls a gun on me im going to put a few rounds into his chest and smile knowing another useless sack of crap has left this earth.

Even my wife carries a gun. This is Texas, We shoot people who try to rob us. Saves tax payer money in the long run

Wow, this isn't the Wild West. It's not like it's a quick draw contest. The guy already HAS his gun pointed at you. Do you really think you're going to pull yours out from wherever you have it hiding and shoot "a few rounds into his chest" before he gets a round off into your forehead?

Lose the ego and start using your brain. Sheesh.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.