WRX Hatch??

This is a discussion on WRX Hatch?? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Maybe??? WRX hatch still a chance - motoring.com.au That’s the message from WRX Project General Manager, Masuo Takatsu, who told ...

WRX Hatch??

Maybe???

WRX hatch still a chance - motoring.com.au

That’s the message from WRX Project General Manager, Masuo Takatsu, who told motoring.com.au at this week’s Australian launch of the fourth-generation model that a five-door body style was still under consideration.

“We have received strong interest from the US, where the hatchback was 50 per cent (of previous-generation WRX sales), so we're now considering,” he said.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This was mentioned recently in The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread, where someone cynically (and probably quite accurately) pointed out it may have been the plan all along to clear out all the 2014 stock. It's a great sales move; pretend there's no plans for a future hatch so people rush out to buy one before they're all gone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can a moderator please lock this thread?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I've always felt like they would add it to the line when they hit the three year refresh point (like when the 2008 was updated in 2011). I know its a more significant upgrade then adding a body package that already existed on the STI, but they can't be blind to the fact that half their North American sales are hatches. We are the only market so skewed to the hatches, but we also buy an awful lot of them as well. There has to be a legitimate business case for adding them back to the WRX line.

I know for myself its likely the only way I buy another one. I like the new cars, but I prefer hatches enough that I will look elsewhere if a hatch does not come along.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I only like wagon body styles. So I refuse to buy anything after 07. That's a fact. Bring back the wagon and maybe we'll talk.