Gas Tank Size

This is a discussion on Gas Tank Size within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can't seem to find what size gas tank my 06' WRX wagon has any help? When i fill up ...

Gas Tank Size

I can't seem to find what size gas tank my 06' WRX wagon has any help? When i fill up when empty it usually puts nearly 14 gallons in but i wanted to be sure. I've heard its 15 or so but there just no way thats true becaue ive driven almost 30 miles on E and still only put maybe 14.1 gallons in it. Can't seem to find it in the manual either so :/.

+ Random pic of the Subie at the Watershed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0587.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    15.9 gal
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't ever trust a fuel gauge to show you EXACTLY how much fuel is left in your tank. And yes, 15 gallons is roughly the size as Greg (ShiftingLanes) stated above.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cade06WRX View Post
    I can't seem to find what size gas tank my 06' WRX wagon has any help? When i fill up when empty it usually puts nearly 14 gallons in but i wanted to be sure. I've heard its 15 or so but there just no way thats true becaue ive driven almost 30 miles on E and still only put maybe 14.1 gallons in it. Can't seem to find it in the manual either so :/.

+ Random pic of the Subie at the Watershed
    Don't pull a drews at that watershed!!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Don't pull a drews at that watershed!!

Whats a "Drews" ?

And Assuming it is 15.9 gallons, that means im getting horrible gas mileage *18* mpg. Or my gauge is off a little. I tripped it last time i filled up from empty and only drove 300miles on that tank.

I Support ClubWRX
    The gauges are usually not 100% accurate. Keep in mind what 11blacksti said. When your fuel light comes on, it's no where near the end of the tank. For example, my tank in my 2014 hatch is 16.9 gallons. My light comes on between 13.1 and 13.3 gallons used. Car manufacturers do this so you purposefully don't run out of fuel when you're getting low. You more than likely did not fill up at empty. It is 100% confirmed 15.9 gal. That's Subaru's specs on the car from the manual. I mean 18 mpg, if driven in both city and highway, is not out of the question. I usually get anywhere from 22.7-24.0 combined with about 70% highway. I've also gone as low as 19 on only back roads. This is all without pushing it.
    Last edited by ShiftingLanes; 04-02-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    18 I would say is about right for mixed driving? Mine does very poorly in the city. I've gotten anywhere between 25 and 30 on the highway though depending on cruising speed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    When your fuel light comes on, it's no where near the end of the tank. For example, my tank in my 2014 hatch is 16.9 gallons. My light comes on between 13.1 and 13.3 gallons used. Car manufacturers do this so you purposefully don't run out of fuel when you're getting low.
    I recently tested this on my Outback (which also has a 16.9gal tank). The needle was reading off the bottom of the scale, in the same position it rests with power off:

I filled up with 15.4gal, meaning I still had 1.5gal left, which translates to another 30-40 miles of range at my average mpg.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Welp i drove another 45 miles on E today just to see, and YUPP didn't run out of gas haha. Ill be sure to check the gallons when i fill up tomorrow. And that equals out to about 22mpg now that i drove that extra 45 miles.

Still dont know what 11BlackSTi was referring to tho. "Pulling a drews" ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cade06WRX View Post
    Welp i drove another 45 miles on E today just to see, and YUPP didn't run out of gas haha. Ill be sure to check the gallons when i fill up tomorrow. And that equals out to about 22mpg now that i drove that extra 45 miles.

Still dont know what 11BlackSTi was referring to tho. "Pulling a drews" ?
    Drews drive his old WRX into what he thought was a little puddle of standing water but it ended up being 4 feet deep. Car was ruined because he hydrolocked the motor.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14