I want to upgrade My subie but i can't....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I want to upgrade My subie but i can't.... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Its sooooo sad I bought the subie about a month ago and with all my recent moves and transitions across ...

I want to upgrade My subie but i can't....

Its sooooo sad I bought the subie about a month ago and with all my recent moves and transitions across the country i can't afford to make and performance style mods yet. It literally wakes me up at night... I just want a louder exhaust note or a BOV or more intake suction or wheels but I just bought a House and MOVED and UGH.... SO irritating....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool story bro.. but nah I know how you feel haha I'm right there with you.

I know Pretty "sad" story which i'm sure many people are having the same issues. I just needed to vent is all....lol

Haha yeah I know how it is.. I want to do a turbo upgrade so bad but I gotta sort priorities over wants..

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    Haha yeah I know how it is.. I want to do a turbo upgrade so bad but I gotta sort priorities over wants..
    BEEN HAD HERRRRD DAT!!!!

MTM
    me too

then I said **** it and took the engine out, sold it, and am selling a bunch more stuff to go JDM STI.

Eventually it will be a wide body wagon with a JDM STI heard.

hopefully. Or ill loose interest in it and sell it.. but gotta finish it first.

you're doing a ej207 build right?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    On the bright side, at least OP put money into a house which is an appreciable asset and the sign of a successful adult, instead of blowing it on wheels to put on a car which in ten years will be worth a mere fraction of what it was when it was new. How can you say this when you can afford a house!

No but seriously, congratulations on the house and don't lose patience, it's just a car. Why not take it to an autocross? Then you can have fun now, and later down the road be able to really appreciate the upgrades you will have made.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    On the bright side, at least OP put money into a house which is an appreciable asset and the sign of a successful adult, instead of blowing it on wheels to put on a car which in ten years will be worth a mere fraction of what it was when it was new. How can you say this when you can afford a house!

No but seriously, congratulations on the house and don't lose patience, it's just a car. Why not take it to an autocross? Then you can have fun now, and later down the road be able to really appreciate the upgrades you will have made.
    I agree - my wife and I are saving for a house right now. Between that and the warranty I have I have absolutely no justification for upgrading anything about the car. It's still a total blast to drive stock anyway, and it'll look much prettier modded out when it's sitting inside a garage
    Valkyrie (named by the wife), '08 WRX Sedan

MTM
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    you're doing a ej207 build right?
    yeah im doing the 207 swap. Sold my motor yesterday... ****ing no compression in one cylinder so I sold it for about as much as a used long block. Sucked **** .He can probably use the heads off his old motor if its just valves and be good to go and i only got $550... bleh.. Oh well Ill through the turbo, intercooler and stuff like that on ebay and see what I can get for it.

MTM
    HOUSES ARE DUMB!

JK I just bought one this year too. And the wife and I will have another member joining the family in May. Plus we have her/ (ours now) Son who will be six in may... So I feel you...

As I do this EJ207 swap.... tehehe

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    HOUSES ARE DUMB!

JK I just bought one this year too. And the wife and I will have another member joining the family in May. Plus we have her/ (ours now) Son who will be six in may... So I feel you...

As I do this EJ207 swap.... tehehe
    Congrats man

The way I see it, if you have the disposable income, no harm no foul. Unfortunately, right now I do not.
    Valkyrie (named by the wife), '08 WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    So let me get this straight? Being responsible with your finances and investing in a stable asset keeps you awake at night? I wish I had your problems.

But seriously, you're doing the right thing. Don't let it get to you.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

MTM
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Congrats man

The way I see it, if you have the disposable income, no harm no foul. Unfortunately, right now I do not.
    pshhh not much. I got the car for cheap and luckily have another car to drive. SO my car sits there longingly waits for an engine.

Have fun with it for now.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    House is better than anything you've mentioned
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.