Tomei fpr and greddy turbo timer questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tomei fpr and greddy turbo timer questions within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I am the proud owner of a 2005 wrx and just a couple questions. 1. I set my ...

Tomei fpr and greddy turbo timer questions

Hey all, I am the proud owner of a 2005 wrx and just a couple questions.

1. I set my greddy turbo timer at 10 seconds which it usually turns off at that mark but for some reason it will automatically change anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and a half, has anybody heard of this? It was already on there when I got the car.

2. My stock fpr is on its way out (fuel smell, stumble between 3500-4500rpm and backfire...a lot and loud!) so I figured I would buy an adjustable one and have decided on a tomei adjustable fpr. I was wondering what pressure to set it to. Below is the list of engine related mods...

Perrin: fuel rail kit, front mount intercooler, oil catch can
    Greddy: profec spec b2 boost controller, turbo timer, type s bov
    Precision: 16g turbo set at 19psi
    Invidia: catless up/down pipe
    Sti: injectors
    Walbro: 255 fuel pump
    k&n: intake
    Magnaflow: catback exhaust
    NGK: one step colder spark plugs
    Exedy: stage 3 clutch (just thought I would throw this in there if it made a difference)
    Protuned by boostcreep in colorado

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You do not need an adjustable FPR. Just purchase another stock one if you think your is on the way out. Or even better,verfiy that it is the issue by testing the fuel pressure.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

It was tested by subaru and they said that is the problem. I was told by them it will be replaced at no charge because apparently it is somewhat of a common issue in 02-05 wrx's especially in cold weather and there was a recall but then they told me its not free because I have perrin fuel rails and not stock. My mpg as gone waaaay down too. They said they fpr needed to be replaced as well as the fuel lines connected to it and I was leaking fuel.
    Last edited by 7 deadly sins; 03-30-2014 at 05:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.