NY/NJ Dealer Trouble (ADVICE NEEDED, PLEASE READ!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on NY/NJ Dealer Trouble (ADVICE NEEDED, PLEASE READ!) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Finesse Why not? Btw there's a dealer near me that's very mod friendly from what I've heard. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
    Why not? Btw there's a dealer near me that's very mod friendly from what I've heard. They have a performance crew at night that tunes cars, and the service lot is always filled with heavily modded WRXs and STIs from what I've heard also. Btw, I've heard pretty much no problems with an intake & OTS stage 1 map, which is what I would be running for quite some time. If I ever got a down pipe i would get pro tuned after.
    Good luck with that
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this was one crazy cringeworthy story. my gut literally hurt when i read that you took such a loss on genesis. it sounds like you already sealed everything up, but if you haven't i would get that genesis back. i bought a V6 Mustang and realized it wasn't the greatest car for me after a year. i twiddled my thumbs until i got into positive equity and now i'm getting a WRX. is there some reason why you HAD to get rid of the genesis? if you don't mind my asking. perhaps you got absolutely, positively, RIPPED OFF when you bought your genesis.
    which now that i think about it, that's the most amazing thing in this entire saga. 8 months after purchasing your genesis you were $9,000 underwater.... nine. thousand. i don't even know how that happens. as i chased my mustang's payoff price i was never more than $1500 away. jeepers.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    Dealers don't deny warranty claims SOA does. And they will deny a claim if you have engine mods done to your car. So save your money and don't buy the extended warranty.
    FYI, warranty claims on a broken suspension more than likely will not be denied if you have engine mods. It's all about placement of the mods. Extended warranties tend to not be worth the extra money on ANY car, so I do agree to not get it at all.

Furthermore, you still own your car. They still own theirs. I recommend a back ally "you got the money, I got the stuff" shady throwdown. But seriously, tell them to come to you, bring your Genesis on a truck, drop it off, get the WRX, and call it a day. Tell them to rip up the paperwork, but get copies or all of it if they try to sue, for some idiotic reason. Done deal.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Why not? Btw there's a dealer near me that's very mod friendly from what I've heard. They have a performance crew at night that tunes cars, and the service lot is always filled with heavily modded WRXs and STIs from what I've heard also. Btw, I've heard pretty much no problems with an intake & OTS stage 1 map, which is what I would be running for quite some time. If I ever got a down pipe i would get pro tuned after.
    Which one in NY I took the extended warranty on an 14 STi and would at least try to talk to one of the guys there and will take it to them since its closer than having to go to NJ I've been contemplating canceling the extended warranty due to not being able to mod . And before anyone ask why did I take warranty on the car ...its an STi the parts aren't cheap and I wanted to stay stock with that being said I have been getting the itch !!! so I may cancel unless this dealership is cool with mods

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I got $1500 back on the new deal. They dropped the price of the car by $13xx and they're giving me a $200 check for accessories for my inconvenience as long as I supply a receipt. I also have a rental car (2014 Forester) until the end of the week when my registration comes. They filled up both tanks with gas (my parents' car too for making us drive back to resign the loan). I got nailed buying the genesis for so much when I was 18, being hasty and not knowing anything about cars or car buying. I'm getting another 1k back from the extended warranty on the gen, so that's nice as well.
    Looks like you got nailed again on your second car not knowing anything about buying cars. Maybe your third car next year you can do better... I can understand eating 1-2K but 9k is stupid, i can't believe your parents let you do that or even co-signed (if they did). You should have been patient and paid down your old car, or just kept it because they both get you to from point A to point B... Now your just more broke while you do it.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    FYI, warranty claims on a broken suspension more than likely will not be denied if you have engine mods. It's all about placement of the mods. Extended warranties tend to not be worth the extra money on ANY car, so I do agree to not get it at all.

Furthermore, you still own your car. They still own theirs. I recommend a back ally "you got the money, I got the stuff" shady throwdown. But seriously, tell them to come to you, bring your Genesis on a truck, drop it off, get the WRX, and call it a day. Tell them to rip up the paperwork, but get copies or all of it if they try to sue, for some idiotic reason. Done deal.
    Yea I know how the warranty works. I was just informing him on if any engine mods are done then the "powertrain" warranty will be denied.

Although I have seen some circumstances when soa does a 1 time good will warranty claim.

I HIGHLY Recommend GAP INSURANCE!!!! If you do not know what it is, Google it and then buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    I HIGHLY Recommend GAP INSURANCE!!!! If you do not know what it is, Google it and then buy it.
    i guess he could have bought gap insurance on the genesis and then wrapped it around a pole somewhere (aim and drop a brick on the gas pedal), collect the insurance money, buy new vehicle except not so much in negative equity. lol, whether or not it's legal... that's a different story.

Wow;

I wonder if this is the same dealership I almost did business with.

Honestly, you should get your Genesis back. It sounds like this deal is too much about wants and not about needs. You NEED a car. You don't need a car you can't afford and no one should be taking out a 75 month loan. The interest on that loan is too much.

It's one thing to have a car you love. It's another thing to buy a car you can't afford. With the arrangement you have made, it is not a stretch to state that you can't afford this car at this point in time.

Get the Genesis back. You will never be able to trust this dealership-- an honest salesperson would have been straight with you and told you that they cannot write a loan for that much more than the actual value of the car. And, quite frankly, 5 minutes of driving the vehicle and the deal just gets that much worse (as the car's value immediately depreciates).

Buy a well-cared for used one. Or, be happy with the Genesis until it is paid off.

You are heading down a very unhappy path of debt for no good reason at all.

sorry to be so blunt. I love my WRX, but you are not financially ready for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    Gap insurance will not cover the $9K he rolled into the WRX, nor any extra warranties. Just the gap on the WRX after he drove it off the lot. If you factor in normal depreciation on the WRX (10%) after driving it off the lot, he is about $12-13K in the whole with this car if he wrecks it based on what the car is worth vs what he owes. Gap insurance won't cover about $9-10K of that. He would be on the hook for that lump sum payment and would have to leverage his family..

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    Gap insurance will not cover the $9K he rolled into the WRX, nor any extra warranties. Just the gap on the WRX after he drove it off the lot. If you factor in normal depreciation on the WRX (10%) after driving it off the lot, he is about $12-13K in the whole with this car if he wrecks it based on what the car is worth vs what he owes. Gap insurance won't cover about $9-10K of that. He would be on the hook for that lump sum payment and would have to leverage his family..
    Yes it does cover it. Guy at my work rolled 5k or so into his audi from his crappy lancer that dropped its value quick. Long story short Audi sucks and one day on his way home from work the audi caught fire and bye bye no more. Everything was covered loan paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by skimd View Post
    Wow;

I wonder if this is the same dealership I almost did business with.

Honestly, you should get your Genesis back. It sounds like this deal is too much about wants and not about needs. You NEED a car. You don't need a car you can't afford and no one should be taking out a 75 month loan. The interest on that loan is too much.

It's one thing to have a car you love. It's another thing to buy a car you can't afford. With the arrangement you have made, it is not a stretch to state that you can't afford this car at this point in time.

Get the Genesis back. You will never be able to trust this dealership-- an honest salesperson would have been straight with you and told you that they cannot write a loan for that much more than the actual value of the car. And, quite frankly, 5 minutes of driving the vehicle and the deal just gets that much worse (as the car's value immediately depreciates).

Buy a well-cared for used one. Or, be happy with the Genesis until it is paid off.

You are heading down a very unhappy path of debt for no good reason at all.

sorry to be so blunt. I love my WRX, but you are not financially ready for a new one.
    ^This.

It's one thing to be financially irresponsible, but it's another when your parents become enablers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Yes it does cover it. Guy at my work rolled 5k or so into his audi from his crappy lancer that dropped its value quick. Long story short Audi sucks and one day on his way home from work the audi caught fire and bye bye no more. Everything was covered loan paid off.
    According to everything I have read Gap will not cover your rolled in loans:
    What gap insurance does -- and does not -- cover | Fox Business

Gap insurance does not cover:

car payments in case of financial hardship, job loss, disability or death
    repairs to your vehicle
    the value of your car or balance of a loan if your car is repossessed
    a rental car while your vehicle is in the shop
    the diminished value of your car after an accident
    a down payment for a new car
    carry-over balances on any loans you rolled over into your new car loan
    extended warranties you add to your car loan
    I think this depends on the GAP insurance you purchase. My insurance company, State Farm, does not offer GAP insurance that covers the rolled in loan value. There may be some insurance companies that offer GAP that will cover the rolled in loan, but my bet is that it is vert expensive.

OP, did you purchase GAP insurance?

STOP THE INSANITY!!

This discussion about Gap insurance is ridiculous. They have a role, but not for this foolishness. Why not suggest paying off his previous car by buying lottery tickets?

Bring the car back. Seriously.

It was irresponsible of the salesperson and the dealership to sell it to you. You will get crucified by your loan company. Your credit rating will be destroyed. You will take down whoever cosigns with you, AND, I doubt highly that you will get approved by Subaru finance for $9,000 over the sticker cost of a new WRX. That's why your sale and the exchange was delayed. The dealership was trying to find you a third party creditor.

It was unwise for you to get rid of a decent car afer 8 months and put yourself so deep in debt. It was stupid, irresponsible and unprofessional for them to suggest this deal, let alone go forward with it.
    Last edited by skimd; 03-19-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast