High pitched whine when in boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on High pitched whine when in boost within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, brand new to this site. I need help of those who have experience with Turbo cars in understanding ...

High pitched whine when in boost

Hey guys, brand new to this site. I need help of those who have experience with Turbo cars in understanding my new problem. Taking my 03 WRX Wagon out today, when I hit boost, right away I get a high pitched whine going on. It sounds like a supercharger almost. I am not sure what the problem of this could be. Please help me!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like it could be a boost leak, but who knows...
    Are you getting into full boost? You can make a boost leak tester for pretty cheap, there are many tutorials on youtube.

It is hitting boost. As soon as I heard it i shifted into a higher gear and it went away. Right at 3500 is when it starts and it is consistently loud. I am not sure about the full boost, haven't put in a boost gauge yet. It is a stock 03 Turbo replacement. Not sure when it was replaced though

Make or buy a boost leak tester, its good to have. I would check all the intercooler hose connections and anything that is under pressure while in boost, make sure they are tight enough.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.