Have you seen the 2015 WRX?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Have you seen the 2015 WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know how the rest of you WRX owners feel, but that new 2015 WRX fell way short of ...

Have you seen the 2015 WRX?

I don't know how the rest of you WRX owners feel, but that new 2015 WRX fell way short of my expectations for the new look. I was hoping they would use most of the concept car designs, but, it looks like an old Corolla! No five door! They obviously spent a great deal of time with the mechanicals, because it tests very well in all the car magazines. It just needs a new body style... and a five door, too! Disappointed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm glad you made this post. It's about time someone stood up and addressed this. Thanks for being that pioneer.
    2011 DGM sedan
    1995 Miata

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll just leave this right here

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    .......No....just no

Also this:

Dang beaten to the punch! lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    2007 Hyundai Elantra with body kit and wing?
    Last edited by GRBOXR; 03-13-2014 at 03:26 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ I love these ridiculous comparisons. Those two cars look nothing a like. Might as well do this.

It's not that bad, this is the car they've given us, it will grow on you. /story
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    ^ I love these ridiculous comparisons. Those two cars look nothing a like. Might as well do this.

It's not that bad, this is the car they've given us, it will grow on you. /story
    YES!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Saw it in person last night!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Saw one in person at the Milwaukee Auto Show. While the body is not my favorite (looks like they are trying to match the EVO), it is still a WRK/STI. Everyone has their own style. Am I glad I got my 2014- hell yes, but is someone likes the new style- good for them. As far as the no hatch, I still don't get that. The gentleman from Subaru of NA I talked to didn't have any good reasons why either.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxNate View Post
    As far as the no hatch, I still don't get that. The gentleman from Subaru of NA I talked to didn't have any good reasons why either.
    Focusing on one body style gave them the resources to really dial everything in. They were able to make the best handling WRX ever because of it. Developing two brand new body styles at the same time would have been crazy expensive and Subaru couldn't justify that cost.

I'd like to again point people over here. Most of these topics have been covered in depth.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    I truly hope nobody likes the new style so there are plenty to chose from and they're cheap when I go to get mine. Lol
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Ha ha, there's hoping for that. Like I said, not my cup of tea, but it's still a whole lot better then some of the stuff other auto makers are putting out there.

I was at the cobb meet too. I think the car looks a lot better in real life, but i would say its still not as aggressive as the 2011-2014 model. But the car looks pretty good in the darker blue.

I like how the wrx now comes with the stock D shaped steering wheel. They got rid of a lot of the hard plastics and replaced it with more soft touch plastics. I even like the fake carbon fiber, its clear coated so it looks more real.

The seats are more comfortable even though they look less sporty. There's a lot more lower back support, but you'll hate it if you have a wider frame compared to the 2011-2014 seats. There's a noticeable amount of more leg room. They also made the trunk completely flat compared to the 2014 model.

I think the sti is slightly a better deal since you get improved performance handling wise and nicer interior for the same price as the 2014 model. In terms of looks, the STI was never a good looking car.

I dont like how the new wrx dyno's 24whp less then the 2014's though. Hopefully the 2.0L has a better flowing head compared to the EJ

I will admit that I've warmed up to the new body style. But unfortunately, the fact that there's no hatchback option makes it a non-starter for me. I need the cargo space that the current hatchback offers that the 2015 sedan doesn't...

Maybe in several years, Subaru will finally offer one, in which case, I'm a buyer. But for now, I'll enjoy the 2013 hatchback.

I Support ClubWRX
    Technically the car is cool, would like another .5 or 1.0L more displacement, but I'm nutty that way.

I don't like the body style much either, and the 2015 Hatch is not a turn on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast