The hardest thing a Subaru owner has to do...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The hardest thing a Subaru owner has to do... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As hard as it is, I put my car on craigslist last night. I guess it is for the better, ...

The hardest thing a Subaru owner has to do...

As hard as it is, I put my car on craigslist last night.

I guess it is for the better, I am a college student who will be moving into my own appartment next semester. I bought the car when I was making good money this summer and have saved a lot. I go to school in a small town so work is limited. I am working two jobs and still only getting 25 hours a week.
    I can make the payments but will be living real tight so it is time for it to go...

Sorry for the rant.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Finish school. Get a job. Buy a car you enjoy ( and can afford)

Ya I know, I'm ready to be done already.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I was there too. Stick with it, your efforts will pay off. I wanted a WRX since they came over here in 2002. Finally got one last month.

Ya I know, that's what everyone keeps saying. haha

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If you can afford it why not go for an older one? GC, or bugeye, blobeye WRX. That'd be in the $5-10k range for clean ones with moderate miles.

Good luck with school, join the college crew v.beta in my sig!

Just joined!

I admire your decision. I think its the right thing to do. Save some money, and enjoy your last year or two of college. You should be banging sloots and drinking beers with your money...not being married to a car payment! So kudos to you. Once you're done, you'll be on to bigger and better things.

So...selling your SF Intake?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I admire your decision. I think its the right thing to do. Save some money, and enjoy your last year or two of college. You should be banging sloots and drinking beers with your money...not being married to a car payment! So kudos to you. Once you're done, you'll be on to bigger and better things.

Remember to bang sloots responsibly

Tough decision for sure but deff a smart one if you're tight instead of taking extra loan money or something like I've known a few to do. If I had to get rid of mine I would deff look for an older model as someone else mentioned. Good luck

have you seen that one craigslist ad of the guy that doesn't want to sell his bugeye? Its one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'll try to get a link

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

Haha Thanks man. If i trade the car in and take everything off i'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye26 View Post
    have you seen that one craigslist ad of the guy that doesn't want to sell his bugeye? Its one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'll try to get a link
    http://thechive.com/2014/02/18/this-...baru-4-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by Docc99 View Post
    I was there too. Stick with it, your efforts will pay off. I wanted a WRX since they came over here in 2002. Finally got one last month.
    My story exactly. A buddy of mine got the STi when they came over in '04 and I fell in love but couldn't afford the payments/insurance. I went through a 80's BWM, 90's Jeep, and 2000's Volvo before I finally graduated, landed a job, and picked up my '13 WRX last September. The wait sucks but that feeling when you finally pull off the lot

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I was not sad to see mine go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.