About to buy a 2002 WRX!!!

This is a discussion on About to buy a 2002 WRX!!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im thinking of buying a 2002 wrx but the guy says that the steering wheel shakes at high speed when ...

About to buy a 2002 WRX!!!

Im thinking of buying a 2002 wrx but the guy says that the steering wheel shakes at high speed when breaking. He says it has something to do with the front rotors being warped and something about the tie rod end for the steering wheel connects to the hub that the break caliper bolts to. So i just wanted to know, is this a big issue and what should i look for if i go check out the car? Thanks guys, and sorry im a newbie so i dont know a lot about wrx that much but any more info is welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MTM
    thats generally just from the rotors being warped if its only under breaking...

Easy fix or no? And the guy wants 7250 for it, clean title with only 120000 miles

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Check NADA forthe value of the car.

In theory, yes easy fix. But I will forewarn you it very well may not be an easy fix AT ALL.

There could be a lot of things that cause that to happen. Have it checked out by an independent mechanic before you buy or you could end up in a money pit.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    ^This. You want a car that hasn't been modified, preferably with receipts for maintenance.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

MTM
    i dont think Id pay that much for a 2002

I paid 5500 for my 05 and realized i overpaid because of the issues it came with...