STi rear sway bar upgrade for WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi rear sway bar upgrade for WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering if anyone put the STI rear anti-sway bar on their 2011+ WRX. It's pretty cheap and I ...

STi rear sway bar upgrade for WRX

I was wondering if anyone put the STI rear anti-sway bar on their 2011+ WRX. It's pretty cheap and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Is it worth the $100? Thanks for any help or opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it is a factory option, that sounds like a nice one. The WRX has for many years suffered from body roll, the sways correct that issue nicely. If it is a used part, you might consider Whiteline or Cobb, or another reputable brand, as the STi bar is still fairly tame.

Before I stick that in the fire, are you planning to take the car to the track, or are you just a spirited driver looking for better performance? If track, heavier than STi bar would be nice. If road only, STi bar is still comfortable while reducing the huge roll on exit ramps.

You're better off with aftermarket sways. STIs still have some body roll themselves, so why add a not quite as good part? Difference would be negligible. You still have a weak flex point if you retain stock endlinks anyway.

Either way, you're setting yourself up for more oversteer by not upgrading the front sway bar/endlinks along side of the rear. Not a terrible thing, but get ready for it.

Going to 24mm front and 22mm rear sway bars would benefit you nicely.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

100% agree w/ Mikie. It is definitely to your benefit to replace both bars, and keep a balance with the diameter increase.

I'd go aftermarket also. I went 24mm front and 22mm rear on my sti. Best bang for your buck. Don't forget the end links. I have kartboy front and rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info guys. It'll be strictly daily driven. Would the 24/22 setup decrease the ride comfort to any extent? I was kicking around the STi bar because it's cheap and a factory part.

Quote Originally Posted by Docc99 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. It'll be strictly daily driven. Would the 24/22 setup decrease the ride comfort to any extent? I was kicking around the STi bar because it's cheap and a factory part.
    If you find pulling more Gs through turns and on-ramps as well as maintaining a flatter profile on turns to be a decrease in ride comfort, then yeah?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.